Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am Allan from South Africa, Hope to meet many happy Kia owners.
Regards,

Allan.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi & Welcome Alan,
We just keep on growing on this forum, it's great to have oversea's input.
Tell us a little more about yourself and your Kia.
If you look at the post's we receive they are many & varied so it will be great to have your input
Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello yesitsmeagain,
Yes my wife and I do get into the wilderness areas quite frequently, next week thu,fri,sat,&sunday we will be camping in the Baviaanskloof wilderness area. Youhave to take in every thing that you need, self sufficiency is the name of the game. There are no facilities at the Rooihoek camp, all they have done is cleared and demacated camping sites. Other than that you are on your own. In April we are planning a trip to the Richtersveld in the Northern Cape area,(Google the landscape it barren but owesome, open the photos placed on the area) We are really spoilt for choice over here in Africa, our neibouring countries are also so beautiful, Namibia, Botswana& Mozambique.

Anyway enough of the adventure now, I own a Kia Sorento EX 2.5Lt CRDi 4x4, I have removed the back seats and have installed a 40Lt Fridge / Freezer 220volt ac / 12volt dc, I have also installed a six up ammo box draw system in the back to carry groceries, cloths, pot, pans, mugs, plates etc.(www.frontrunner.co.za). my next thing is the 40/ 60 Lt water tank and a dual battery system to run the fridge for a few days in the bush without having to start and run the motor to charge the Primary battery in the vehicle. I can email you photo's of the kit in the vehicle as this site does not enable me to file an attachement. Visit the frontrunner site and check out all the truck goodies.

Here are some interesting sites to visit as I am sure that we have more after market camping kit for your vehicle's than the U.K.

www.bushwakka.co.za

www.africanoutback.co.za

www.echo4x4.co.za

www.lasport.co.za

visit this site www.northerncape.org.za move around and find the Richtersveld pages, you will love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts