Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My name is Alan and I have a Kia Ceed 1.6 Deisel (113BHP) on an 08 plate bought from a local main dealer in May this year when is was just 2 years old with under 10K on the clock. I have been doing 14k/annum for the last few years and am already seeing economies on fuel.

I have been a Citroen Owner for many years owing a BX, Xantia and C5 (all petrol) and have suffered recently from the high maintenance costs having spent in excess of £4500 keeping the C5 on the road over the last 3 years I owned it.

This is my first desiel and so far I am very pleased with it. The car has a much firmer ride than the C5 but I expected that. (The C5 is renowned for it's excellent ride). It is quite well equipped and looks good.

I hope it proves to be as reliable as the reports say and nice and cheap to run

Thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Secman and welcome hope you have many carefree miles with your KIA, diesel engines will take a bit longer to settle (Run) in and a different technic to drive than the petrol, diesel's have the power (Torque) at the bottom end of therev range, so change gear earlier.
After a while you will adapte and tend to keep it in the higher gear which it likes.

Bob.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome Alan, I am sure you will enjoy this forum, there are lots of newbies joining, so it looks as if this is going to be a busy forum.
All the best,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts