Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought an 07 plate sedona, at first i thought it was me. There is a few seconds
delay/hesitation when accelerating from standing, or when overtaking.

It very noticeable when stood and revving engine.

Can anyone help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Supercook

Earlier in the forum it was mentioned that there is an ECU software upgrade available from the main dealer re this problem. Perhaps you you check it out and post your results

Regards

Stef

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Stef
Had downloads done, and diagnostics, they have cleaned fuel filter. But it is still hesitating

when setting off, anybody any other suggestions. what type of throttle do they have?

Regards Supercook

·
Registered
16 Posts
I posted the first question and can feed back my update.
Took cart to Kia service dealers where my car was connected by wi fi to the garage internet router and the engine was analyzed by Kia direct. The results confirmed that at the first service the upgrade ECU software update was not carried out and or failed to make the necessary changes. The upgrade was then down loaded in 30 mins and that was that. However the problem still exists so I am intending to book it back in and see what they say. Cleary Kia are aware of this hesitation problem, but unable to fix this for me at the moment . What was strange was that throughout all this the bonnet was never lifted and all the work was done over the air waves - clever but then agian it didn't work !
I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Car is booked back in with Kia on Tuesday 26th March for another ECU update check to see if this will actually work this time. Its quite frustrating when accelerating and nothing happens for several seconds and then veroooom off she goes !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts