Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

First off what a great forum, I'm glad I found this place.

Been looking at a 2010 Pro Ceed 3 1.6 petrol , gorgeous looking little car and all the trimmings make it sound like a sweet deal.

Dealer wants 10K but I've got him down 500 notes to 9 1/2 and I'm about to call the salesman to arrange a test drive.

But I'm in two minds after reading about servicing costs and as the car carries the balance of warranty which still has six years on it, that is part of the attraction.

Do I need to take the car to a Kia dealership or will a local garage be okay ?

What are the most common faults apart from the door freezing in older models ?

Would really appreciate any advice guys as I really like this car, would prefer a diesel but can't find any in the right colour for me.

http://www.parks.uk.com/used-cars/search/7597/Kia-PRO-CEED

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hello and welcome,

I`ve had my last 2 servicings carried out at a non-Kia garage and have had warrenty work carried out since (only a re-spray on some sections). Genuine Kia parts are the only requirement to maintain warrenty.

Mines an 08 and it`s been faultless, the passenger door did fail to open from the inside for about 2 days last winter but has never failed since.

What colour have you opted for? ....it`s a shame as the diesel engines a cracker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'ce put a link in the first post Drakey that shows the car...it's a sort of red.

I called up and cancelled my test drive appointment as I was allowing my heart to run away from my head.
I'm going to stick to my guns and wait until the right diesel Pro Ceed appears. I know I would be a lot happier.

Thanks for answering my query by the way it feels a lot better knowing I can go local and for cheaper in regards to servicing.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sorry, didn't open the link - thought it may have just been spec and info not the exact car.

I think your doing the right thing and waiting - look fwd to hearing an update from you soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I ended up buying the petrol 3 1.6 in red.

Diesel 3's are like hens teeth up here in Scotland so after viewing a few and covering hundreds of miles in doing so none were up to scratch.

Yesterday I looked at 1 diesel that looked totally gorgeous from the outside but it hadn't been well kept. The inside was dirty and the steering wheel was ingrained with make up, the gear stick knob was scratched to buggery and the lumber support was broken on the driver side whilst the arm rest compartment tray was missing all together. To top all that off the alloys were scratched to heck.
The car had basically been abused.

So I went back to the petrol and test drove it.
I pick it up on Friday

1 - 6 of 6 Posts