309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the Tempest I bought on Monday

Ive already added :-

Mud flaps

Headlight protectors

Eyeliners

Rear Bumper protector

Ive got a centre console on order & have paint guard fitted soon .

Im sure I will find more goodies to add

Edited by: Raider

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tempest said:
looking great!!!...how did you post the pic????

I use photobucket ,its easy to set up an account ( its free ) once you have uploaded a picture you get four links below the image , the bottom one called IMG code is the one to use , just copy & past the link into your post .

·
Registered
161 Posts
very nice....crdi 2..fitted with mudflaps[must] and i have the spoiler too,which i really think adds to the looks.tempest i looked at the side bars online,is yours the soul theyre using for the publicity photos,and also do they effect your warranty?Edited by: zumbie

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
yes mines the soul in the pics. It was the first one to have them fitted. It shouldnt affect the warranty cos its designed for them and i liberally coated all the fixings with copper grease. At the first service they never even commented on them.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
they are an easy fit..... but dont just stick them on - because some prefer to see a strip of body colour between the eyeliner and headlamp, and some dont (i dont)......they can be fitted in either position. The eyeliners just have double sided tape on the back...... but its strong stuff - so when it sticks it stays. I suggest you have a play about with them first before removing the covering and make sure they are just how you want them.... then draw some lining up marks in felt tip on the bumper before you strip the backing off and stick them down......maybe even try and create a masking tape hinge with the eyeliner in position - then hinge it back to remove the backing before sticking it in place permanently. Its better to do it on a warm day too and wipe the area of the car down with alcohol to ensure its spotless.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cf47_craig said:
I like the eye lines please may i ask are they easy to fit ?

Yes very , just read the instructions first . Don't do the man thing just stick them on as they usestrong sticky stuff& you can take it off once its on .

Ive got the black front fog light Bezels to fit , just need a dry day & they come with glue that takes 12 hrs to set . So the eye liners are a breeze .

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lovely looking Tempest

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now added the Front & Rear Bezels ( black )

Afewtips if you put these on

1,make sure the glue that comes with it is ok , because I had one with each kit I was ok , but one wasno goodeven though the seal wasn't broken .

2, You may want to touch up the edges of the front bezels with the paint supplied .

3, Put some markers in place on the car & on the front Bezels & line the two up when glueing it in place.

4, The instuctions say you have to leave the car for at least 12 hrs , so don't do it if you mighthave to go outbefore the glues gone off .

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah , got the headlight protectors & the mud flaps fitted before I picked it up from the dealer .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts