Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
PPF....

Petrol Particulate filter.

Take it for a good run, to get it nice and hot.
Odds on it has only been used on short trips & like the diesel filter they get blocked and need a regen to clear them. If a 30 mile trip (M/Way is good) at good speed does not help then back to dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid it’s be that. I never knew petrols had them.

My mum has just had a nightmare weigh her mini diesel and got rid for that very reason being told the petrols will be better for shorter journeys 🙈

Does it go in limp mode etc?

PPF....

Petrol Particulate filter.

Take it for a good run, to get it nice and hot.
Odds on it has only been used on short trips & like the diesel filter they get blocked and need a regen to clear them. If a 30 mile trip (M/Way is good) at good speed does not help then back to dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got in car early this morning car wouldn’t start with ‘key not detected’ message on start up screen.changed batteries in both my key fobs no change apart from car battery now being low.any ideas.Kia ceed gt line 2018

·
Super Moderator
4,217 Posts
Hold the key right up & touch the stop/start button and it will work.

Then get the battery charged up.
What sort of mileage has the car done? And what has your mother done since picking it up?

These filters are creeping into all cars now to keep emissions down. Just need to ensure that the car gets a good run every so often. So long way to supermarket & back can help.
Kia's are not known for getting up to temp fast. So if only doing a couple of miles it will never get up to temp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got in car early this morning car wouldn’t start with ‘key not detected’ message on start up screen.changed batteries in both my key fobs no change apart from car battery now being low.any ideas.Kia ceed gt line 2018
Thanks I got battery charged (not entirely sure how it was almost flat)think the battery being flat thru up the key fault.cars only 3 yrs old 26500 .head scratcher but thanks for input

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re the PPF :

The vehicle should be driven for more than 30 minutes at a speed of 80 km/h (50 mph) and faster. Ensure the following conditions are all met: safe road conditions, transmission 3rd gear or above, and engine speed of 1,500 - 4,000 rpm.

That's what it says for the petrol engines from 2012(?) onwards (Kappa/Gamma engine types). OP probably has a Gamma-2 engine.

Edit - and in terms of "limp-home mode" I don't think so. Worst-case the 1L-TGDi (Kappa-2 engine) gets a "detune" from 118 to 90BHP as far as I can make out but you'd have to ignore the warning light for a while for that to occur. Its not like a diesel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts