Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
******* HELP NEEDED ******** HELP NEEDED ************ ASAP *********

HI ALL,
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME. I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A KIA SEDONA 57 MODEL AND HAVE GOT THE TAX DISC THROUGH THE KIA DEALER I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM. AFTER DOING SOME EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ALL THE CARS WE FOUND STATED THE TAX DISC WAS IN THE 'K' TAX DISC BRACKET WHICH IS £260 FOR 12 MONTHS. WHEN HE ASKED ME WHIXG TAX DISC I WANTED 6MTH OR 12MTHS HE SAID IT WAS £440. WHEN HE PICKED ME UP OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR I THOUGHT THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT. I HAVE COME HOME AND HAD A LOOK ON THE INTERNET, EVERY CAR DEALER WHO IS SELLING A SEDONA STATES THE TAX IS IN THE 'K' BRACKET @ £260. I RANG THE DEALER BACK AND HE SAID THEIR OWN WEBSITE (WHICH ALSO STATES 'K' BRACKET) IS WRONG AND TOLS ME TO GO ON DIRECT.GOV AND LOOK THERE. WHICH I HAVE AND IT STATES ITS IN TAX BRACKER'L' WHICH IS £440.
CAN ANYONE PLEASE CLARIFY WHICH TAX BRACKET THE SEDONA IS IN??? THE CAR IS A 57 REG SEDONA GS AUTO. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THE ACTUAL TAX IS???
I BELIEVE THE DIRECT.GOV WEBSITE MAY BE WRONG AS ALL THE OTHER CAR DEALERS AND PARKERS WEBSITE STATES IT IS A 'K' @ £260.
****** CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?????**** MUCH APPRECIATED

·
Registered
702 Posts
sedona user said:

HI ALL,
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME. I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A KIA SEDONA 57 MODEL AND HAVE GOT THE TAX DISC THROUGH THE KIA DEALER I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM. AFTER DOING SOME EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ALL THE CARS WE FOUND STATED THE TAX DISC WAS IN THE 'K' TAX DISC BRACKET WHICH IS £260 FOR 12 MONTHS. WHEN HE ASKED ME WHIXG TAX DISC I WANTED 6MTH OR 12MTHS HE SAID IT WAS £440. WHEN HE PICKED ME UP OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR I THOUGHT THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT. I HAVE COME HOME AND HAD A LOOK ON THE INTERNET, EVERY CAR DEALER WHO IS SELLING A SEDONA STATES THE TAX IS IN THE 'K' BRACKET @ £260. I RANG THE DEALER BACK AND HE SAID THEIR OWN WEBSITE (WHICH ALSO STATES 'K' BRACKET) IS WRONG AND TOLS ME TO GO ON DIRECT.GOV AND LOOK THERE. WHICH I HAVE AND IT STATES ITS IN TAX BRACKER'L' WHICH IS £440.
CAN ANYONE PLEASE CLARIFY WHICH TAX BRACKET THE SEDONA IS IN??? THE CAR IS A 57 REG SEDONA GS AUTO. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THE ACTUAL TAX IS???
I BELIEVE THE DIRECT.GOV WEBSITE MAY BE WRONG AS ALL THE OTHER CAR DEALERS AND PARKERS WEBSITE STATES IT IS A 'K' @ £260.

Hi

I would be inclined to beleive the DVLa website as they are the ones who set the rate of car tax .
Sorry

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,123 Posts
Copy of the post I left in the Newbies forum.
On the information you give (no first registration date) on this site http://www.smmtco2.co.uk/co2search2.asp
your car emits 269 g/km. On the Direct Gov site http://carfueldata.direct.gov.uk/new-vehicle-tax.aspx?t=23ude39
that means it is Band M at £460 pa, unless it was first registered before 23 march 2006 when it will be Band K at £260 pa. So it's all down to the age of your car.

I hope that helps a bit as that's a big difference of £200!!

Phil

·
Registered
390 Posts
sedona user said:

HI ALL,
REPLY TO HELP*******REPLY TO HELP******** SEE THE OTHER LINK POSTS AND PLEASE TAKE NOTE.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
38 Posts
Phew...
Thank goodness I decided on my 55 plate model!

My condolences, I'm sure HM Government don't need quite so much money to ensure that MPs and MEPs travel first class and can bomb Afghan children..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fully agree, it is ridiculous!!!! but who whos it may change again in the future... fingers crossed.

but thanks...

I didnt have any forms at the time so could find out.... all the websites i looked at stated that car was a k band and at the garage the car was being sold at told me an l.....

think the info needed up dating as the gov change stuff when they feel like it dont they...

but.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts