Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I need to replace the rocker cover gasket due to an oil leak from the front of the gasket.

When enquiring at my local kia dealer, I was told the gasket camewith the hydrolic pipes complete all for the total cost of £181 + vat

My question is...

1.Can I just replace the gasket ?

2. If so where can I purchase the gasket as my local car shop can not get one for me ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No luck there Steve but thanks anyway, partco did sound promising todayand I will let you guy know how I get on when I collect the gasket next week.

Edited by: romecboy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hoo ray..... rocker gasket fitted and all seems to be well so far (no loss of oil our pressure to date). £30 from partco in derby and a very good mate tofit this for £20 so all in all better value than the KIA dealership. (even Dick Turpin wears a mask Mr KIA)

·
Registered
390 Posts
romecboy said:
Hoo ray..... rocker gasket fitted and all seems to be well so far (no loss of oil our pressure to date). £30 from partco in derby and a very good mate tofit this for £20 so all in all better value than the KIA dealership. (even Dick Turpin wears a mask Mr KIA)
Thanks for reply.
Well done. I have found an auto electrician in Preston £25.00 ph Kia wanted £68.50 ph just to look.

The guy in Preston in the end only asked for a £10nr for the entire job.

Fog lights on E Bay are £100.00 cheaper than Kias.

So lookoing around is great ...as is this forum site to pass info on.

Steve G

·
Registered
662 Posts
reason you were quoted for hydrolic pipes was that Kia along with most manafacturs who run high pressure diesel systems do not recomend reuseing the pipes due to their sealing capabilities and as you will have found out thease pipes need to be removed to replace the rocker cover gasket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts