Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
While the Mrs was out driving today the aux belt snapped . Now I've been out and purchased and new one but cannot find the right diagram anywhere on the internet. Also it appears the tensioner (see image) appears to have gave up and I cannot find where I can get the correct replacement. Any help would be most appreciated thank you .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to mention it's a 2009 Kia ceed 1.6 diesel with air-conditioning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
707 Posts
I looked there but that's totally different to what I have. I think the engine I got is the same as the i30 as the layout is exactly the same as that it seems .
Ok was worth a punt..try here then..

And for parts I use this company a lot for all the family car parts. .and they are also on ebay..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok was worth a punt..try here then..

And for parts I use this company a lot for all the family car parts. .and they are also on ebay..

Nice one thanks 👍

·
Registered
261 Posts
I posted a series of pictures showing how to change the alternator belt, all the others were in place it might help you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help guys 👍 got the new tensioner turning up this week so got my job for the weekend sorted .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone happen to know of the bolt holding on this pulley is a left handed thread ? Its bloody tight and don't wanna shear it off 😂

·
Registered
506 Posts
RH thread.
Just check that the part nr is correct for your motor, some Kia bolts are LH.
252872A000
By the way, a new bolt should be included with the pulley, have you checked it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Final update: jobs all done, wasn't to bad a job just a bit tight access. Thanks for all the help guys 👍

Never knew a tensioner could fail this badly !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts