Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I done something really daft and changed my oil and done an engine flush
but In forgot to change the filter!! I have not driven the car yet as
I'm change the diesel filter and air filter. My question is can I drain the oil back in to the bottle and change filter then but the oil back in? I'm totaly skint and can't afford new oil!

Can any one also advise best way to remove oil filter with a screw driver don't have the tools to do it the normal way!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Especially since you took the time to flush the system - I'd say yes to re-using the oil,

Have you the canister style filter - can you get reasonable access to it, it can get a little messy but I've previously punctured the filter with a long screwdriver and used that to twist it off.

Failing that you could take it to a garage to loosen, tighten back up by hand and return home?

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,209 Posts
Just remember that once the filter is punctured by the screwdriver you can't run the engine. This means that if you can't get the filter off your stuck.Best of luck with it.
Phil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Before you start putting a screwdriver through it, try turning it by hand. Often the oil filter will only be on hand tight. I use to work at a garage (Peugeot) and we never used any special tool and it was very rare to have to put a screwdriver through a filter.

Barry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks barry, i got it off with a screwdriver, however the check engine light is now on.
it blowing out almost clear/white smoke at the back after i have changed the diesel filter the nair filter engine fulch and 2 oil changes any ideas?

Geo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cambuslangkia said:
I'm change the diesel filter and air filter. My question is can I drain the oil back in to the bottle and change filter then but the oil back in? I'm totaly skint and can't afford new oil!

Can any one also advise best way to remove oil filter with a screw driver don't have the tools to do it the normal way!!

Now I have smoke coming from the exhaust before i was black, when I change the oild over 1st time change to blue now it white and check light is on. any ideas.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry I am unable to help you with this, however if I were you I would seek professional help from a mechanic, I know you stated in your op that you are skint but you could end up knacking the car further, can a family member not lend you the dosh to get it sorted or use a credit card etc?

Rob.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cambuslangkia said:

Well I got the car to a Kia dealer! The inter-cooler is blocked and the all the pipes are blocked and the Turbo is done! to do all the work it will cost £1,900!!!
No chance!!.

Can't do it under warranty as the last 5 service at the local garage I used is no longer there, and I cant find the paper work to prove this!

Thanks all for you help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts