Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a dilemma! I am changing my Vauxhall Astra VXR and I have 2 choices, I have been offered 2 deals. One on a Ford Kuga, the second on anew Sportage 1.7 CDRI3.

I like both cars and the guys on the Kuga forum have been very helpful. I dont expect people here to advise a Kuga, just like on there they are unlikely to advise buying a Sportage!

So, being honest how do you rate yours?

How good is the 7 year warranty? Any limitations?

Would you reccomend buying one?

Im torn between the two, my majot issue with the Sportage is getting over the badge! Apologies for that. But overall I love the look of the Sportage, build quality looks decent and standard equipment is great, but it comes at a price. Its a lot of money spent but pound for pound good value.

Tell me about your experiences and help me please!

Thanks you

Funky

·
Registered
290 Posts
Forget the badge.I have had many Fords over the years and no probs with any of them but Sportage has much more standard kit thanKuga.Have a friend bought a new Kuga Zetec and price was similar to my kx2 but i prefere the Kia.I think at the end of the day it comes down to personal preferences.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John, whats your experience of your Sportage? Any problems? How much are you enjoying ownership?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Funky, I have had my KX-3 diesel Sat nav for a couple of weeks now and am thrilled with it, the spec of the car is unbelievable for the money, I too was worried about the badge thing and the ribbing I would get from my friends & family, but they are also impressed with the quality of the build etc. My daughters £47000 Range Rover Sport doesn't have voice recognition which really annoys her. I had a test drive in the Ford but settled for the Sportage on look & the extras as standard, so forget the badge and go for it !. Cambo.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cambo, as it stands I to am convinced by it's looks and equipment levels. Going for a test drive this afternoon so will see what happens. I'm still in shock that I'm considering a Kia and just how good they look. Kia could really turn a corner with this impressive set of wheels!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't mean that last comment as derogatory. I'm just guilty and slightly ashamed judging a book by it's cover! Shame on me lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
Funky said:
Thanks John, whats your experience of your Sportage? Any problems? How much are you enjoying ownership?
Remember your comparing 1.7 Sportage against 2.0 Kuga .No probs with mine just a couple of little niggles but park a Sportage at side of a Kuga in supermarket park and stand back and see which car attracts the most attension (not always a good thing).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had my 2l D 1st ed now for 10 months, have to say it's a great car, both to drive and look at. Haven't had any problems at all, the only niggling issue is the fuel economy, but I suspect both the 1.7lD kia and the Kuga would be better.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Take the badge off like I did and put the K badge on instead of the Kia one.

Its still an authentic KIA badge just says K instead.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looked hard at the kuga because i was driving a mondeo at the time and loved fords, kuga and sportage match up on spec and price but what swung it for me was the 7 year warranty. i suspected the kuga would be very reliable based on what i knew about fords but i found the sportage interesting and decided to take the plunge. So far really impressed even when you get into it tired to do 40 miles you get out of it refreshed, never had a feeling like that in a vehicle before but i never had a vehicle of this class either. I doubt the kuga could drive any better than this, road holding is brilliant for a 4x4 it handles as good as my old zetec s mondeo in corners. only bad point so far is i hate the blue tooth doesnt recognise my voice at all

Edited by: Grenadekid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts