Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice ......

I purchased this motor March 2019. Its been ok until 2 days ago it lost power, almost like the turbo had gone. no noise, smoke or bangs. Shortly afterwards I got the flashing yellow engine warning light. Got the car home and took it to a local garage the next day. . They txt me today to say it needs a new turbo, filter and oil change. They have quoted £950 fitted, and that's a recon turbo.

Is this a fair price?

Thanks in advance!

Kev

·
Registered
124 Posts
The flashing yellow light is probably your DPF being blocked. Read the little sticker on the drivers door panel near the door hinges, flashing engine light is for that, solid is an engine fault. You may just need to take it to Kia for them to do a 'force regeneration' on it, unless you can get it up to speed on the motorway to clear the DPF but that may cause damage if it's too far gone.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have they read the fault codes off the car? Ask them what diagnostics they have done and how they have come to the conclusion that it needs a new Turbo, oil and filter. If they are just going with best guess then it could get very expensive to start replacing lots of parts.
As above - could be the DPF, but the OBD II error codes will be one of the key pieces of evidence in diagnosing what is wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts