Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just P/X my Mercedes for a seven month old 2020 Reg E-Niro 4, obviously handover was limited due to Coronavirus. On checking things out last night and a quick scan of the Owners manual, it would seem that I should also have an Infotainment Manual, so I though I'd check what kit is supposed to come with the car.

My guess is that I'm missing the following
----------------------------------------------------
Infotainment Manual
Navigation Manual
Jack and Wheel Brace
Luggage Net
Warning Triangle ( I thought those were compulsory)
I also don't have the Immobiliser Password ( A tag or slip somewhere ? ?
A Tag with a bar code that supposed to be attached to the original Key Kit ( in case of replacement )

I would be grateful if someone could give me a heads up before I get on the dealer, I can't pop round as they are 180 miles away!

On my way back the screen showed 94% Economical and 6% normal driving started with 268 on the GOM and finished with 62 after 186 miles.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,416 Posts
I assume your car came with a tyre mobility kit? If it did you don't get a wheel brace and jack.
I have no idea about the luggage net, my car has luggage net hooks, but no net. I think if you need one you will have to buy it.
I don't think the motor manufacturer has to supply a warning triangle with the car. Although I will be more than happy to be corrected. The certainly wasn't one on my car, although I had my own already.

Edited. Corrected a typo.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Hi & Welcome

Warning triangle is not mandatory in UK. Never got one in any of ours.
Would only get Jack & wheel brace if you have spare tyre. If you get gunk, then they are not supplied. Pretty sure a spare is not standard as well.
Tag on keys was stopped a few years ago.
Never heard of Immobiliser password before, unless it's a EV thing.

Luggage net, I found in my stronic about 18 months in to ownership. It was in a plastic bag hidden with the gunk and air compressor.

·
Registered
e-Niro 4+ 2020
27 Posts
All of the above mentioned are right - none of your list comes with the e-Niro & the nav manual is online only. The only thing you may be missing is a code for the key, which you should check with the dealer. My key (car bought new) only had a number on it, not a bar code.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My keys had little green stickers with a small QR code on them. I peeled them off and kept them safe somewhere but have no idea if they're of any use for anything.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
TBH.
I did get a nav manual. It is still in the plastic bag it came in. Has about 5 pages of info that are pretty much useless. Online manual is what you need as it has the info.

Reactions: firefly6260

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys, been to the local Tesco where they have just had some chargers installed, Tried to charge and the little wireless symbol had SMS or App logos, didn't want to talk to my cards, so my first attempt at fast charging was a dismal failure. I guess I need to do some research on Podpoint, the thing is, I'm only a very rare PAYG phone user, I thought all new chargers had to have a straightforward pay by credit/debit card facility. Anyway it's now back on the Granny charger

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys, been to the local Tesco where they have just had some chargers installed, Tried to charge and the little wireless symbol had SMS or App logos, didn't want to talk to my cards, so my first attempt at fast charging was a dismal failure. I guess I need to do some research on Podpoint, the thing is, I'm only a very rare PAYG phone user, I thought all new chargers had to have a straightforward pay by credit/debit card facility. Anyway it's now back on the Granny charger
Hi Ken. Welcome to the confusion club. I might be wrong, I mostly am, but I think Tesco chargers are only 7kW AC. With the E-Niro, no matter what the rating of any AC charge point, your car only has a 7kW AC charger on board so it will never charge faster than that. In my "limited by virus experience" 7kW will give you approx 30 miles extra per 1 hr charge. Tesco et al are not giving much away for free. Using a DC charge point is an entirely different thing. In that respect, your vehicle WILL and CAN charge up to 100kW per hour.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've just signed up with Podpoint who run the Tesco charger, and according to their map it has both 50 and 7Kw options. I'll have a look at the KiaCharge later. Spoke to the dealer today and he's promised to put the two manuals and a storage net in the post.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I've just signed up with Podpoint who run the Tesco charger, and according to their map it has both 50 and 7Kw options. I'll have a look at the KiaCharge later. Spoke to the dealer today and he's promised to put the two manuals and a storage net in the post.

TBH, unless you are doing a lot of miles, you should not need to charge anywhere but at home. I will say if you find a charger that is FREE, then use it :)

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had it plugged into the granny charger for most of the day, now standing at 80% showing 187 miles range, so that should keep me going for a few weeks, since we can't go anywhere

·
Registered
37 Posts
The public charging network is a right mess at the moment, with the need for apps or RFID cards at some chargers. It is getting better though, with the requirement that all need is a credit card.
If you want hassle free rapid charging without having a mobile phone, Instavolt are the chargers to use.
The 7kW Podpoint charges have to have the charge confirmed using their app, otherwise they stop after 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2020 Kia E-Niro
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did my first top up on a 50Kw charger at Tesco's today from 54% to 80% in about 40 minutes just to test whether I could operate the system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts