Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Thank you for accepting me on the Forum :)
I am looking at buying a KIA VENGA, I currently have a Hyundai IX20. When I went to look at it she said it can start a bit slow in the morning ( you need to turn they key a couple of times to run the glow plugs) but this is only at very cold temperatures - is this normal? If not, how much are glow plugs to replace please?

Also when I looked at the car there was a puddle of water around the Injectors - I have smelt it and so has my husband and its not diesel. They don't do any long runs in the car and its only done 55.000 miles in 7 years, the seller said it could be condensation - but there is quite a lot of water (see photo) - Also the injectors aren't "chuffing"

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you x

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
If there was water it would boil away when the engine gets hot
My first though was diesel, but if your sure its not, could it be a inaccurate top up of the engine oil at some point??
Cranking of the engine when cold is quite normal, but it may be worth getting the glow plugs checked out

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
While my Venga is a petrol model I had water around the injectors on my venga as well.. If you lift the bonnet you will see a long black seal at the bottom of the scuttle panel above the engine and that seal was letting water past and that is how the water was getting on the injectors.. its held on by a series of hooks on the scuttle panel so easy to take on and off.. my solution was to find where it was getting past remove the seal and smear some clear silicon sealant on the scuttle panel and put the seal back while pressing the seal down on the scuttle.. let it set and its cured my problem..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first though was diesel, but if your sure its not, could it be a inaccurate top up of the engine oil at some point??
Cranking of the engine when cold is quite normal, but it may be worth getting the glow plugs checked out
The car doesn't do many miles so im assuming its what has built up over time, she said its been worse while it has been cold but has got a bit better when the weather is getting warmer.
Thank you, Il ask them to give it a run and see if it goes away. Do you know how much the glow plugs are to replace on a 1.4 diesel please?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The car doesn't do many miles so im assuming its what has built up over time, she said its been worse while it has been cold but has got a bit better when the weather is getting warmer.

Thank you, Il ask them to give it a run and see if it goes away. Do you know how much the glow plugs are to replace on a 1.4 diesel please?
It just look an oily residue ... give it a run, if it disappears then it was water
Don't replace the glow plugs unless there needed, any one with a multi meter cab check them. In addition now that its warming up there not necessary to cold starting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts