Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep adjusting the settings on the equaliser (Satnav model) using the arrows but every time I change from radio to media or switch the car off everything sets back to the middle setting. It's driving me nuts!

The manual gives no advice on how to save the settings, I assumed that if you used the return arrow it would save automatically.

Can anyone help?

Liam

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Just
had a play with mine.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Settings
†' Audio †' Sound

Adjusted
Balance/Fader, Bass , Mid, Treble, then

Return
†' OK †' Map.

Played
with CD, USB & Radio. Switched ignition off, locked car.

Opened
car & checked audio setting and they are the same as I had set them.

When you say equaliser, you do mean Bass, Mid, Treble?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate!

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees - I hadn't seen the OK bar at the bottom of the page after returning.

That's the great thing about these forums, there's usually someone that can help you out!

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
No
problem.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I
got myself a pdf manual for the Hyundai ix 35 (same GPS unit) and it's a lot easier to
follow & search.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can I ask another stupid question?

How do you turn the audio off but leave the map on? If I press the volume knob everything goes off. I can cycle through CD, radio, usb etc but where's off? So far the only options I've found are press mute everytime the car's started or leave the volume turned right down. There must be a simple on/off surely?

·
Registered
33 Posts
hello ianvfound this topic about sound settings gone out to car and hey presto just want to say thanks as this was driving me around the bend for 2 weeks since software update also i can now play music from android phone through bluetooth since update as well found it by accident would have thought dealer would have mentioned it when i got the car back

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hi Denboy,

My dealer didn't tell me that the defaults on the Nav System
also changed with the update.

So 5 o clock one Monday morning it refused to go over the
Dartford Crossing
... Nav had defaulted to "Avoid Tolls"

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
selmer said:
Did you receive any responses?  I am experiencing the same problem and it is very frustrating indeed
Responses? Are you experiencing saving audio settings?

·
Registered
639 Posts
telephoneman said:
Can I ask another stupid question?

How do you turn the audio off but leave the map on? If I press the volume knob everything goes off. I can cycle through CD, radio, usb etc but where's off? So far the only options I've found are press mute everytime the car's started or leave the volume turned right down. There must be a simple on/off surely?
Bad news you can't

1 - 12 of 12 Posts