Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have recently ordered a KIA sportage kx-3 satnav. It arives mid march and I have not been this excited about a new car for a long time. I have to say that if I had looked on here before the order I may have had second thoughts as there does seem to be a LOT of negative stuff sl*ging the car and KIA off.
Anyway I hope I have made the right decision :0)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi Gary . The new Sportage is one nice lookin car I must say. I would like one but finances says no chance.

·
Registered
564 Posts
A few people have had problems but I guess you would expect that with any car. The moajority of Sportage owners are very happy with their cars most gripes seem to be about the sat nav and bluetooth and a problem with some seats ripping down the side.
I have had my First Edition 2.0L AWD since September 2010 and have not had a single problems with it. I still love it to bits and still love to drive it as it is driven by my wife most of the time.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Griffo
That makes me feel reassured. Like I said I am so excited and hope everything goes ok.
My current car is a BMW a car that is sooooo overrated its unbelievable. People are blinded by badges I'm afraid so I guess the KIA is judged quite harshly.

This will be my first AWD so it's a complete change.....can't wait

·
Registered
12 Posts
Garynic

I was the very same just couldn't decide either way so in the end just took the leap and ordered my new car at the beginning of the month. I'm sure Ive made the right decision. When did you order? How long did the say it would take? Have they been in touch yet?

I didn't get the AWD cause I thought I'd never need it. So went for the 1.7 3Sat Nav instead.

Cheers

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put the order in last week and it's expected at the dealer on the 15th March. I've bought mine from Lloyds TSB car select. Had a car from them before. It had a great discount (what about residuals ????) and is delivered to my door on a trailer. I did originally order a Tiguan but the Kia was such better value. Top of the range for £2k less than mid range VW.
Personal thing but I can't bare the thought of a having a car that looks like a 4x4 yet isn't so AWD for me. Edited by: garynic

·
Registered
564 Posts
Garynic - People are blinded by badges as you say. I changed from a Land Rover Discovery 3 and apart from missing the load lugging capacity no regrets whatsover, cheaper to run and far cheaper to tax! Would I have bought a Kia about five years ago? No way! They have certainly come on leaps and bounds recently and I am impressed by the whole range now.
Enjoy it when it arrives and let us know what you think after you've had it for a while.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I wasthesame always anAuditill they finally got out my range . Bought the last one top of the range and thought it would last me 15 years--sh-t by the 5 year i had it had to spend 2k just to keep it on the road--no more-- Kia 7 year warranty will do me, sell it in 5 years STILL with two years warranty --only do 10k a year

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,232 Posts
Garynic, like all forums folk tend to vent their frustrations rather than their satisfaction. Don't let that put you off. Have a look at any other make forum and you'll see the same. Kia is a good reliable make that does well (the first past the post after Japanese makes as I recall) so don't worry, plus you have a 7 yr manufacturers warranty which is pretty unique. Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Phil

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone I'm glad to see its not all doom. Yes I realise that every other marque has its share of forum complaints. Happy people are less likely to say anything. The 7 year warranty does make me feel quite reassured although I hope I never need to use it. The sat nav problems I'm sure will be ironed out and who ever needed a manual to work any electrical item. That's half the fun.

I think some people on here are maybe being unrealistic in there expectations of a vehicle being perfect. I don't mean that because it's a KIA it applies to all makes and models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts