Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.This is the first real post so be gentle.
We have just bought a Sedona an 03 crdi auto 79k.Its Met Red.

A few mods underway.We are waiting for 19" inovit dtm wheels,side steps coming this week sometime.Already have sitting a 11" roof dvd player and a set of mint full leather seats to go in.Then its going in for its limo windows the week after next.

Parts still to get is a towbar.And a grille ,We had one on our last one we got from the States which was fantastic but havent being able to find another yet.Will keep looking.

So there you go,Will keep an update with pics.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Brabus said:
Hi all.This is the first real post so be gentle.
We have just bought a Sedona an 03 crdi auto 79k.Its Met Red.

A few mods underway.We are waiting for 19" inovit dtm wheels,side steps coming this week sometime.Already have sitting a 11" roof dvd player and a set of mint full leather seats to go in.Then its going in for its limo windows the week after next.

Parts still to get is a towbar.And a grille ,We had one on our last one we got from the States which was fantastic but havent being able to find another yet.Will keep looking.

So there you go,Will keep an update with pics.
Hi welcome to the forum. I think you find people on here friendly and helpful in your time of need( we all have them believe me). Sounds as if you are going to have a good looking Sedona with all the mods you've listed. At 79,000 has the cam belt being changed? if not I would get it done sharpish they dont like to go much beyond the mid 70,000 (if that far) before they break, and check the rear heater pipes where they are above the spare wheel as they tend to turn to a pile of rust on the drive and can cause major engine problems if the let go. Again welcome

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi welcome to the forum. I think you find people on here friendly and helpful in your time of need( we all have them believe me). Sounds as if you are going to have a good looking Sedona with all the mods you've listed. At 79,000 has the cam belt being changed? if not I would get it done sharpish they dont like to go much beyond the mid 70,000 (if that far) before they break, and check the rear heater pipes where they are above the spare wheel as they tend to turn to a pile of rust on the drive and can cause major engine problems if the let go. Again welcome
[/QUOTE]

Thanks,Dont think the belt has been done.Will check out the pipes.
What are the belts like to do.

Have to give it a good service in the next week or so also as I dont know the car.

I had one before they are a great car.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Brabus said:
Thanks,Dont think the belt has been done.Will check out the pipes.
What are the belts like to do.

Have to give it a good service in the next week or so also as I dont know the car.

I had one before they are a great car.
[/QUOTE]

If you are good with a spanner then 4-5 hours to do . The only hard part is getting the waterpump pulley off and the lower timing case off due to the inner wing , but undoing the rear gearbox mounting allows the engine to be moved enough to get them on and off.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi. I have just changed my timing belt, engine 70k. The belt from a very good ebay site was £40 - £50 ish. Time is the main thing, I did some each day..oh this was my first 'mechanicky'venture. Sedona Gary e mailed the timing marks for validation...AND I SAVED £445.00. Kia dealer wanted that for changing the belt. Top Tip given me is to fit the belt anti clockwise up from the bottom up.The heater pipes to the rear are a common pain at the steel pipe joints. See previous posts and photoson replacing using (spit,spit) Halfords hose £2.50 per metre and or copper plumbing pipe. To replace both, front to back is £30 ish or if you do not use the rear heater bypassthe system at front of car. I am also replacing mine soon as the steel pipes look as if been on Titanic and brought back up.
Steve Gx Blackpool

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips.Just found another prob when fitting the new wheels.2 studs on the N/S where broke by a previous owner.So we have been driving round with 3 nuts.So thats the first job that needs done straight away.Always something.
Side steps arrived,So will look at heater pipes when doing those.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BanditGT said:
Welcome. Sounds like you have big plans for it.

Thanks.Yes lots to do to it.Got the big wheels on.Leather interior on its way,should be here by the weekend.Sidesteps and tow bar to fit.Then its the Dvd to fit in.Then get her booked in to get the windows done.Hopefully in between times squeeze a service and a timing belt in.

Then spend the rest of the year with no food or light cos we're skint pimping the sedona

1 - 10 of 10 Posts