Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. I am not only a newbe to this forum, but am almost certainly to be getting a Nero PHEV2. If/when it happens it will be my first Kia having driven Citroëns for more years than care to remember. It will also be my first foray into anything electrical. We have managed to sneak a sit in a PHEV2 and it feels good, but it is mad that we can't get a test drive when buying a car is the second most expensize thing that ordinary people do. House buying is the top one.

So apart from lots of questions I will probably be asking I am trying to find out peoples views on the driving of the PHEV2?

We, the Boss and I are both retired and enjoying it. I retired early due to a back injury and for the last 27 years I have been following my 2 main hobbies, wood turning and flying RC model gliders. We were looking at the e Nero, but we need a hook on it for our trailer and the 'e' can't have one, hence the plugin.

Thank you in advance,
John.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
539 Posts
Welcome John!

I'm sure you'll find the forum a very helpful and friendly resource, even if it's not Niro specific but for the wider range of KIA quirks and peculiarities.

Are you a thermal or slope man?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello folks. I am not only a newbe to this forum, but am almost certainly to be getting a Nero PHEV2. If/when it happens it will be my first Kia having driven Citroëns for more years than care to remember. It will also be my first foray into anything electrical. We have managed to sneak a sit in a PHEV2 and it feels good, but it is mad that we can't get a test drive when buying a car is the second most expensize thing that ordinary people do. House buying is the top one.

So apart from lots of questions I will probably be asking I am trying to find out peoples views on the driving of the PHEV2?

We, the Boss and I are both retired and enjoying it. I retired early due to a back injury and for the last 27 years I have been following my 2 main hobbies, wood turning and flying RC model gliders. We were looking at the e Nero, but we need a hook on it for our trailer and the 'e' can't have one, hence the plugin.

Thank you in advance,
John.
I bought a brand new Sportage and I had no problems getting a Test Drive, just had to pre book an appointment. Try the dealer again before you hand over all that money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your welcome folks.

GDH, mainly slope around Stroud with the South Cotswold Soaring Association, but some electric gliders on Minchinhampton Common when the wind don't blow.

Alan, the salesman in the Chippenham dealer told us that they weren't allowed to even let us sit in the car and one of the models they had in the showroom, we weren't allowed in and had to view it through the window. This is all because car sales aren't considered as essential sales and the 'shops' are out of bounds until the govt tells us different.

When and where did you have your test drive?

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
539 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thank you for your welcome folks.

GDH, mainly slope around Stroud with the South Cotswold Soaring Association, but some electric gliders on Minchinhampton Common when the wind don't blow.

Alan, the salesman in the Chippenham dealer told us that they weren't allowed to even let us sit in the car and one of the models they had in the showroom, we weren't allowed in and had to view it through the window. This is all because car sales aren't considered as essential sales and the 'shops' are out of bounds until the govt tells us different.

When and where did you have your test drive?
I had my Test Drive in September at a Kia Dealership in Shrewsbury. Plenty of Sales Staff around, the only things different were the coffee machine had to remain turned off and during the Test Drive the Sales Person sat in the back. All the cars in the showroom were locked but I had no difficulty making an appointment for a Test Drive. Good Luck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had my Test Drive in September at a Kia Dealership in Shrewsbury. Plenty of Sales Staff around, the only things different were the coffee machine had to remain turned off and during the Test Drive the Sales Person sat in the back. All the cars in the showroom were locked but I had no difficulty making an appointment for a Test Drive. Good Luck

I have a few questions about the PHEV2 so I will go on to the Nero forum and carry on there.

Thank you for your answers folks. It looks as if the replies are quick and helpful on here :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts