Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Niro 4 HEV
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a first time Kia owner who took a lot of persuading to change from Honda. (They could not deliver a new HR-V for seven months!) I have just taken delivery of a new 23yr Niro HEV 4 in Orange Flame. I really like the car, excellent to drive and very well equipped. I think it is better than the Honda so they probably did me a favour. I am looking forward to lots of happy economical motoring miles to come.

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
271 Posts
Hi Alan, did you by any chance use Tower Hill Kia in Chipperfield? I have my car on order with them!

·
Registered
Kia Niro 4 HEV
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I used Vantage Kia in Scarborough where I have a family connection. It cost me to have it shipped down but meant I could receive it for my 70th birthday tomorrow. I think my Niro is one of the first new models in the UK, I am well pleased with it.

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
271 Posts
No, I used Vantage Kia in Scarborough where I have a family connection. It cost me to have it shipped down but meant I could receive it for my 70th birthday tomorrow. I think my Niro is one of the first new models in the UK, I am well pleased with it.
Ok, welcome and happy motoring with the Niro, and Happy Birthday for tomorrow🎉

Steve (in Tring, and a youngster at 67😉)

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I am a first time Kia owner who took a lot of persuading to change from Honda.
Welcome to the forum, 'Alan_in_Hemel'.

I'm a fan of Honda engineering and could easily have been tempted into the CRV model just before I test-drove the Optima in 2016. I walked out of the 'negotiation' with the Honda dealer at Letchworth because of an insulting offer on my part-exchange Hyundai. Having shopped around at several different brand dealers, I had already received some good trade-in prices so I walked away from Honda and ordered an Optima through CarWow.

Not only did I get the best part-ex price of all the dealers I had visited, the KIA was nicely discounted and I received the same discount on ordering towbar & electrics + installation by the dealer in Yorkshire. The car has proved to be economical and the servicing has been remarkably cheap from Mantle's at Royston with nothing breaking or falling off over the last 5.5 years. I prepaid the first 5 services and recently arranged for services #6 & #7 using the same KIA Care pre-payment facility.

Would I buy another KIA? Most certainly and I would have done already except that the KIA beancounters in their wisdom, decided to deny the UK the latest Optima model. As I'd prefer to avoid an SUV, if and when I choose to purchase another car, I may feel compelled to look elsewhere. Curiously, I have just been reading some excellent reviews of the latest Honda Civic which I shall certainly have a look at. For me, it's a little on the small side as I prefer larger estate cars or equally large hatchbacks. With long waiting lists for the popular models from most major marques, I'm in no hurry to update so I shall see how the land lies in 2023 after the 6-year, major service has been performed later this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts