Votes: 0 0.0%
  • help

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , new to this. John from Glasgow. I have a kia sedona 04, its been sittin on my driveway for about 6mths. so its about time I got it fixed. It was overheating and loosing power and will only start with easy start! I had the filters and high presure pump changed but ran out of money after that.. It still only starts with easy start and blows out masses of black smoke! Any pointers would be great and if anyone knows a good kia mechanic near Glasgow let me know, as I am finding it difficult to find one.. Cheers guys.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hi John welcome to the forum. Heater plugs maybe or is the diesel pump timing out. Overheating could be thermostat or at worse cylinder head gasket has gone. Were you losing water. A pressure test on the cooling system would determine if there is any leaks there.
If you add this queery to the Sedona section of the forum the guys there will give you help.

·
Registered
662 Posts
welcome

there is a heater block by the airfilter the wire becomes loose or broken this is the first check point check for coolant leaks from the rear heater pipes and the heater valve on the bulkhead only fit geniune fuel filters and get the injectors tested or go to a kia dealer who will check all the relevent points and give you a full apprasial on the vehicle as for a kia health check and tell them the issues

1 - 3 of 3 Posts