Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to you all.
We have had a 2005 Sportage 2.0 CRDTi Auto XS from newand brought it to France when we moved down here from Kent four years ago.
First 3 years it was serviced by KIA but since I have serviced it myself.
Done 50,000 miles now and been totally reliable with the only problem being the fuel consumption.
Over the last two years I have averaged 28.5 mpg.
I have recently installed this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kia-Rio-Serento-Carens-Sportage-Economy-Tuning-Chip-Box-/260542747522?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ca98ed382

So far I have been very impressed! On the last tank we had 34 mpg in general running around and at a steady 60 mph the trip shows 40 mpg!! The engine is quieter and smoother so what's the catch?
Well its too early to see if I end up with engine problems long term but it should pay for itself in 6 months.
It looks like this box could turn a good car into a great one - time will
tell.

I am on other Kia forums and have only just discovered this one ( sorry) which looks really interesting!

I also have an Alfa 166 which I also run and service as a hobby car.

Best regards

Rob.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi and welcome...are you bww on other forums? I`ll keep an eye out.

Great news on the tuning box, very tempted for myself as a few have been purchased by members on `another site`, just waiting for more feedback especially from the chap with the same model and engine as myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi and welcome to the club! I have just joined the club and its great to meet you all.The forum is very interesting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the forum.I hope you are enjoying your stay here.I am also new and finding the forum knowledgeable.Its good to know you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts