Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm new to the forum and have had a Picanto since 2005 (LX in red) which I love!! My husband persuaded me to trade it in for a Soul 2. We went to the local dealers (Sutton Coldfield Kia) who were lovely as they had a good deal on £2000 off the list price plus the trade in for mine of £2000 (they said it was only worth £1200) but when I said I wanted a red one they came back and said there were none of any colour left in the country!! They offered us the demo car which was white with a black stripe with 4k on the clock but we turned it down. Saleswomen went away rubbing her head and came back and said we could have the Soul 2 facelift with the same deal if we agreed to pay the £295 difference in price.Only problem is they said it was only available in a couple of coloursblack, white, titanium orbright silver, so I went for the bright silver one. I am now anxiously waiting for a delivery date and to actually see what I have bought! I thought they were launching them today but cannot find anything on the web and Kia don't appear to have changed their website yet. The inlaws are helping with the finance so I need to download a brochure for them to show them what their money has helped to buy. Does anyone know when the brochure will be available for downloading? I found this today: -

Kia has given the Soul urban crossover a thorough makeover for the 2012 mode year, both inside and out. As has been the case with the rest of the range, a six-speed manual gearbox has been made available as standard, resulting in fuel economy improvements.

The revised model has also brought a new look, significant upgrades in interior quality and is available in the UK starting today, October 3rd. There's two regular trim levels to choose from, called Soul 1 and Soul 2, plus the two ""˜Soul Originals', the Hunter and Quantum.

The engine range comprises of 1.6-litre units, both petrol and diesel, with the former now being equipped with gasoline direct injection. While 138 horsepower out of an atmospheric 1.6 might sound good, the 57.6 mpg the diesel does on the combined UK cycle makes it the clear favourite.

Here is the full pricing information for the UK-market 2012 Kia Soul:<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
· 1.6 GDi 1 £12,495
· 1.6 GDi 2 £13,595
· 1.6 CRDi 2 £14,695
· 1.6 CRDi 2 auto £15,795
· 1.6 GDi Hunter £15,095
· 1.6 CRDi Hunter£16,195
· 1.6 CRDi Hunter auto £17,295
· 1.6 GDi Quantum £15,595
· 1.6 CRDi Quantum £16,695
· 1.6 CRDi Quantum auto£17,795

which at least gives people an idea of the actual costs.

Hope someone can advise me, and look forward to seeing lots of Soul's on the road.

Rachel

1 - 1 of 1 Posts