Kia Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
If I’m honest, I’m not entirely sure! They have quite a few new different model Kia cars on site with customers all waiting. I’ve also had some feedback on the speakev forum and some others have also had this. Something about quotas has been mentioned but I’m not convinced. Anyway, I was sort of considering for the sake of a couple of weeks not having my car registered until 2022 anyway, so when I come to change it’s a 2022 car not 2021. I doubt it will make much difference but I’m not too annoyed at the delay, just pleased it’s here and ready to go in the new Year. It’s also good to get in before the latest government grant changes apply.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
If I’m honest, I’m not entirely sure! They have quite a few new different model Kia cars on site with customers all waiting. I’ve also had some feedback on the speakev forum and some others have also had this. Something about quotas has been mentioned but I’m not convinced. Anyway, I was sort of considering for the sake of a couple of weeks not having my car registered until 2022 anyway, so when I come to change it’s a 2022 car not 2021. I doubt it will make much difference but I’m not too annoyed at the delay, just pleased it’s here and ready to go in the new Year. It’s also good to get in before the latest government grant changes apply.
Yes, the main thing is that you have the car ready to go and that we made the grant before the cuts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
How are you getting on with the Soul?
Hi,

It's been pretty faultless except 1 thing. Sometimes when I start the car, the infotainment screen does not come on. I have to switch the car off, lock it, then unlock and start again for it to come on.

Other than that, it's been very efficient and well behaved. Currently averaging more than 4 miles to kw/h over all.

Charging about once a week using my home charger.

Overall very pleased.

Have you got yours yet?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,

It's been pretty faultless except 1 thing. Sometimes when I start the car, the infotainment screen does not come on. I have to switch the car off, lock it, then unlock and start again for it to come on.

Other than that, it's been very efficient and well behaved. Currently averaging more than 4 miles to kw/h over all.

Charging about once a week using my home charger.

Overall very pleased.

Have you got yours yet?
That’s good. Yes, got mine on 10th Jan. I’m very pleased too. I had the same blank screen issue that you describe. Updated the software and not has anything since. I don’t know if you use speak EV site but there’s quite a bit on the new Soul on there.

This is my latest software:
Platform
Standard-class Gen5W Navigation
Updated
Model
5K3BE.55BLC.AEU
Software version
5K3 E 22 EUR55W L.001.001.211214

Firmware version
5K3 E 22.EUR.02.211208.MICOM
Navigation app version
STD5W EURKMC211213 389c6dd
Map version
EUR.14.47.48.631.4015

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine is stuck on the drive at the moment due to a fault in the Bp Pulse wall charger CU switch. Waiting for BP Pulse faults department to get in touch to come out to fix it. They said it could be 10 days before they contact me to arrange a visit!
Time to try out the Granny charger methinks. 😡

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
That’s good. Yes, got mine on 10th Jan. I’m very pleased too. I had the same blank screen issue that you describe. Updated the software and not has anything since. I don’t know if you use speak EV site but there’s quite a bit on the new Soul on there.

This is my latest software:
Platform
Standard-class Gen5W Navigation
Updated
Model
5K3BE.55BLC.AEU
Software version
5K3 E 22 EUR55W L.001.001.211214

Firmware version
5K3 E 22.EUR.02.211208.MICOM
Navigation app version
STD5W EURKMC211213 389c6dd
Map version
EUR.14.47.48.631.4015
Updated mine today as well to the same version.
A heads up for people who uses MAC. The installer did not work on the latest Monterey as it said it could not verify file. Had to borrow the wife's Windows laptop to do it.

Shall be looking out for any further blank screen problem, fingers crossed it's gone.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 First Edition
37 Posts
Updated mine today as well to the same version.
A heads up for people who uses MAC. The installer did not work on the latest Monterey as it said it could not verify file. Had to borrow the wife's Windows laptop to do it.

Shall be looking out for any further blank screen problem, fingers crossed it's gone.
The work around is to allow the file access in security settings. I had the same issue using the previous version of macOS. But I don’t have access to windows.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts