Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and please be gentle with a complete EV and Soul newbie.

I have reserved a Red Maxx and due to be delivered in December, and I can't actually wait.

Can I ask about the length of cables that you guys got with the car please? Especially the type 2 cable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
i’ve ordered a blue Maxx. Are the granny and the type 2 cables supplied as standard do you know? I’ve also been trying to get a definitive answer regarding the differences between the Maxx and the 1st Edition - did you manage to get any details about the exact spec of the Maxx? I preferred the red but a blue was available earlier so i compromised. I believe theres a shipment of Maxx’s on their way - currently at sea! 🙂
The Maxx losses the HUD! :cry:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I‘ve been told that too. Along with the heat pump, wireless charging and electrically adjustable seat - plus more?, depending on how you interpret the spec’s and who you talk to.
Today I got some answers from my local Kia regarding 1st Ed vs Maxx versions.

1. Maxx will lose Qi wireless charging.
2. Maxx loses heat pump :(
3. Maxx loses HUD
4. Maxx will come with both type 2 and 3 pin charging cable F.O.C.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went for a test drive today and I'm totally sold on this car.

As per my last post regarding all the things the Maxx will lose Vs the 1st Edition, I'm quietly disappointed by the fact just how much useful features will be left out.

Can I ask what were your shortlists of cars when you considered your Soul EV?
Very helpful thank you. Did your dealer say that these are the only changes from the 1st Edition model?
I was told the electrically adjustable drivers seat was now manual, but I can’t get this clarified yet and the brochure for the Maxx still says elctrically adjustable 8 way seat, so I’m assuming it is still part of the Maxx spec. It will be irritating if it’s not.
I’m not too fussed about wireless charging. A phone needs to be wired to get CarPlay/AA so it’s charging anyway if you use that.
The heat pump is useful but it doesn’t make a massive difference to winter range (in the UK anyway) so again not a big deal for me.
I tried the HUD and it’s ok, but again I’m not that concerned about it being deleted.
I think that the bonnet and boot panels must be different on the Maxx to accommodate the new badges (no oval indent now) - also the steering wheel and road wheel badges.
I also think that the roof soul indented letters are still in blue for all colour cars.
Good to hear 2 cables supplied as standard. At a discounted price just over £30k on the road the Maxx is still great value for a car with a usable 64kwhr battery and excellent reviews.
Have you a delivery date for your new car?
Thanks again for the update.
I didn't get an answer on seats, so can't say either way.

I'm gutted about the heat pumps personally, it's a genuine tech that's helpful overall for range and comfort, but yes, the saving grace is that the UK isn't Nordic in the winter times... Mostly.

You are right about value though, the Maxx is still packed with toys despite the cuts and at the right price point.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn’t really have a shortlist as such. I’ve now had 5 EV’s so I’m quite experienced running electric cars. The high used car prices tempted me to sell my last car after less than 12 Months. I drove the Soul and loved how it drives. Coupled with the great range and a good price, I decided to go for it - one was available for December instead of waiting until March next Year as most orders seem to be. Delivery 8th December if all goes to plan. I wouldn’t be too disappointed about the changes, I’m sure it will still be a great car.
I'm in the EXACT same position as you. 1 is available in December otherwise it's a wait till March.

I'm speculating we might be dealing with the same dealership as I know how these are in high demand and low in supply.

If I'm right you have the blue one, I have the red one and someone else will take the white one 😜 and that's the 3 cars coming in December.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Very nice! Are you pleased with it?
Very very pleased. It drives extremely well and I find the infotainment very well designed and performs very snappily.

The while KIA Connect app and experience is also useful

Very pleased with how efficient it seems to be with energy use so far as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
God luck with your new Soul Max T Sport👍

We’ve had our new 1st Edition Soul since May of this year and the wife has done almost 12,000 miles since then on school runs and shopping etc. All charged on our home 7Kwh Bp Pulse wall box.
Love the car, hate the Kia Connect App.
Our intention is to keep it for 2-3 years and only ever charge at home. So far, so good. 🤗
I think im inclined to only charging at home as well, I can see public charging to become hotspots for angry people as people waiting for their turn running out of patience.

Glad to hear you are happy with it, it's my first KIA and consensus seems to be a good one for reliability and value.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
What miles/kwh did you average on your 250mile trip, did you have heater etc all on, and what sort of speeds were you travelling at? 250miles seems pretty good for winter even if it was a bit squeaky bum time!
I started with eco mode with no heater as it wasn't really necessary.

Then I needed eco+ limited to 60mph, and it voluntarily went into turtle mode until home at 3%!

Squeaky bum doesn't describe my anxiety! I would need to use some expletives to do it justice 😜💩

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
That’s pretty good. Any motorway/ higher speeds? Do you know what your average speed for the journey was? 4x64kwhr=256miles so yiu were cutting it fine!
I probably averaged 70 for the first 100 miles or so, then more like 50 the last half of the journey.

I reckon another 10 miles I would have been in trouble.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
If I’m honest, I’m not entirely sure! They have quite a few new different model Kia cars on site with customers all waiting. I’ve also had some feedback on the speakev forum and some others have also had this. Something about quotas has been mentioned but I’m not convinced. Anyway, I was sort of considering for the sake of a couple of weeks not having my car registered until 2022 anyway, so when I come to change it’s a 2022 car not 2021. I doubt it will make much difference but I’m not too annoyed at the delay, just pleased it’s here and ready to go in the new Year. It’s also good to get in before the latest government grant changes apply.
Yes, the main thing is that you have the car ready to go and that we made the grant before the cuts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
How are you getting on with the Soul?
Hi,

It's been pretty faultless except 1 thing. Sometimes when I start the car, the infotainment screen does not come on. I have to switch the car off, lock it, then unlock and start again for it to come on.

Other than that, it's been very efficient and well behaved. Currently averaging more than 4 miles to kw/h over all.

Charging about once a week using my home charger.

Overall very pleased.

Have you got yours yet?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
That’s good. Yes, got mine on 10th Jan. I’m very pleased too. I had the same blank screen issue that you describe. Updated the software and not has anything since. I don’t know if you use speak EV site but there’s quite a bit on the new Soul on there.

This is my latest software:
Platform
Standard-class Gen5W Navigation
Updated
Model
5K3BE.55BLC.AEU
Software version
5K3 E 22 EUR55W L.001.001.211214

Firmware version
5K3 E 22.EUR.02.211208.MICOM
Navigation app version
STD5W EURKMC211213 389c6dd
Map version
EUR.14.47.48.631.4015
Updated mine today as well to the same version.
A heads up for people who uses MAC. The installer did not work on the latest Monterey as it said it could not verify file. Had to borrow the wife's Windows laptop to do it.

Shall be looking out for any further blank screen problem, fingers crossed it's gone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts