Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
Hello,
i’ve ordered a blue Maxx. Are the granny and the type 2 cables supplied as standard do you know? I’ve also been trying to get a definitive answer regarding the differences between the Maxx and the 1st Edition - did you manage to get any details about the exact spec of the Maxx? I preferred the red but a blue was available earlier so i compromised. I believe theres a shipment of Maxx’s on their way - currently at sea! 🙂

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
Yes, I‘ve been told that too. Along with the heat pump, wireless charging and electrically adjustable seat - plus more?, depending on how you interpret the spec’s and who you talk to.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
Today I got some answers from my local Kia regarding 1st Ed vs Maxx versions.

1. Maxx will lose Qi wireless charging.
2. Maxx loses heat pump :(
3. Maxx loses HUD
4. Maxx will come with both type 2 and 3 pin charging cable F.O.C.

Hope this helps.
Very helpful thank you. Did your dealer say that these are the only changes from the 1st Edition model?
I was told the electrically adjustable drivers seat was now manual, but I can’t get this clarified yet and the brochure for the Maxx still says elctrically adjustable 8 way seat, so I’m assuming it is still part of the Maxx spec. It will be irritating if it’s not.
I’m not too fussed about wireless charging. A phone needs to be wired to get CarPlay/AA so it’s charging anyway if you use that.
The heat pump is useful but it doesn’t make a massive difference to winter range (in the UK anyway) so again not a big deal for me.
I tried the HUD and it’s ok, but again I’m not that concerned about it being deleted.
I think that the bonnet and boot panels must be different on the Maxx to accommodate the new badges (no oval indent now) - also the steering wheel and road wheel badges.
I also think that the roof soul indented letters are still in blue for all colour cars.
Good to hear 2 cables supplied as standard. At a discounted price just over £30k on the road the Maxx is still great value for a car with a usable 64kwhr battery and excellent reviews.
Have you a delivery date for your new car?
Thanks again for the update.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
I went for a test drive today and I'm totally sold on this car.

As per my last post regarding all the things the Maxx will lose Vs the 1st Edition, I'm quietly disappointed by the fact just how much useful features will be left out.

Can I ask what were your shortlists of cars when you considered your Soul EV?

I didn't get an answer on seats, so can't say either way.

I'm gutted about the heat pumps personally, it's a genuine tech that's helpful overall for range and comfort, but yes, the saving grace is that the UK isn't Nordic in the winter times... Mostly.

You are right about value though, the Maxx is still packed with toys despite the cuts and at the right price point.
I didn’t really have a shortlist as such. I’ve now had 5 EV’s so I’m quite experienced running electric cars. The high used car prices tempted me to sell my last car after less than 12 Months. I drove the Soul and loved how it drives. Coupled with the great range and a good price, I decided to go for it - one was available for December instead of waiting until March next Year as most orders seem to be. Delivery 8th December if all goes to plan. I wouldn’t be too disappointed about the changes, I’m sure it will still be a great car.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
I didn't realise until I read this thread that things have changed: First Edition to Maxx. I've always found the UK website pretty poor on details cf. looking at the Ireland version, but that never helps when you want UK specific details.

Do people still have the possibility of ordering old First Editions with there being a cost difference or has the Maxx replaced the First Edition? We hesitated about buying, then the government cut the grant, Kia took their time dropping the 1st Edition price and we were in a quandary of whether to wait and see what Kia did. Would they come out with extra grades, like the '2', '3' and '4' e-Niros. I guessed that if they did we would see a lot of the kit become extras only on the higher spec cars. We wanted the heat-pump and several other features, but the HUD and motorised seats seemed luxury items that we could easily do without. My partner really thought the HUD was a gimmick. Shortly after we got the car we really came to appreciate the HUD. It is why I'm so keen for Kia to improve the navigation.

If folks are concerned about losing some features but put off by the First Edition price have you got anywhere by haggling? We got our First Edition in May. The deal which I got was based on my shopping list:
I wanted the price with the Kia £1000 contribution towards PCP (with the intention to pay it off within weeks, but getting the discount), I wanted to know the additional price for 5 years service plan, mats, boot liner and maybe a paint treatment. Maybe it was because it was May, but I did well:
RRP Price- £34,945
Less GOV Grant- £2500
Less Finance deposit contribution- £1,000
Leaves - £31,445
I got the requested items thrown in: 5 Years Kia Care, mats, boot liner & Supagard
Worth: £632.50 + £45.83 + £37.50 + "£332.50" (+VAT)

I think I got a good deal.

We had been into Kia's huge dealership in West London and the salesman pooh-poohed throwing in anything other than mats. Frankly he was too concerned with up-selling paint treatments, alloy insurance and scratch insurance and missed the boat. We got home and I phoned an Essex dealership which had been offering good prices on Carwow. I told him what I was after - He went away "to speak to his manager" then came back to say "yep you can have all those bundled in gratis" - I think there might be bonuses for selling extras and my shopping list was worth discounting the overall price!
Sounds like you got a great deal. What’s your view on ownership of the 1st Edition Soul?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
Hi all and please be gentle with a complete EV and Soul newbie.

I have reserved a Red Maxx and due to be delivered in December, and I can't actually wait.

Can I ask about the length of cables that you guys got with the car please? Especially the type 2 cable.
I think the type 2 cable is 5m long.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
I went for a test drive today and I'm totally sold on this car.

As per my last post regarding all the things the Maxx will lose Vs the 1st Edition, I'm quietly disappointed by the fact just how much useful features will be left out.

Can I ask what were your shortlists of cars when you considered your Soul EV?

I didn't get an answer on seats, so can't say either way.

I'm gutted about the heat pumps personally, it's a genuine tech that's helpful overall for range and comfort, but yes, the saving grace is that the UK isn't Nordic in the winter times... Mostly.

You are right about value though, the Maxx is still packed with toys despite the cuts and at the right price point.
Kia customer service eventually replied to me today. They said the Maxx does have an heat pump… I’m still not completely convinced where they are getting their information from. The same email says the 8 way adjustable seat is not part of the spec - but it’s clearly shown in the Maxx brochure. They also didn‘t mention the HUD at all in their email, although the general weight of responses is that this has definitely been dropped on the Maxx. It’s still not that clear on the differences - until the first batch of Maxx spec lands I guess we will not know for definite which is a shame.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
Did you g
Hi all and please be gentle with a complete EV and Soul newbie.

I have reserved a Red Maxx and due to be delivered in December, and I can't actually wait.

Can I ask about the length of cables that you guys got with the car please? Especially the type 2 cable.
did you get an update on delivery date yet?

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
I’ve seen a UK Maxx at a dealer now and it does have same electrcally adjustable drivers seat as the 1st Edition. Confirmed no HUD or wireless charging. Not sure about heat pump - but i’m guessing no.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
I picked up mine today.

It made it home (250 miles) on the 1 full charge that the dealership gave me, just about! It went into turtle mode in the last 10 miles. I had faith that it could do it! 😜
View attachment 13015
View attachment 13014
View attachment 13016
View attachment 13013
What miles/kwh did you average on your 250mile trip, did you have heater etc all on, and what sort of speeds were you travelling at? 250miles seems pretty good for winter even if it was a bit squeaky bum time!

·
Registered
2022 Kia Soul Maxx
93 Posts
Good luck with your new Soul Max T Sport👍

We’ve had our new 1st Edition Soul since May of this year and the wife has done almost 12,000 miles since then on school runs and shopping etc. All charged on our home 7Kwh Bp Pulse wall box, on Octopus Go 5p rate.
Love the car, hate the Kia Connect App.
Our intention is to keep it for 2-3 years and only ever charge at home. So far, so good. 🤗
Out of interest what do hate about the Kia connect app?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts