Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have just collected my Stinger. I purchased from a Facebook Stinger Member. Very pleased with the car. Still finding my way around all the features.

Has anyone solved the Phone mounting issue. I am not sure I want a cup holder mounted one. Ideally i want a magnetic (have metal plate onphone already) vent mounted one.

Thanks
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Stinger GTS Panthera Metal
54 Posts
In my honest opinion you shouldn't need a phone mount. Just plug the phone into the USB and leave it on the wireless charge pad (which you can turn off) and use either CarPlay or Android Auto to mirror your screen.

Reactions: dunc69

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hello, welcome! Car looks great. I do like a cream leather :)

My phone won't fit on the charging pad with the cable attached (Android Auto is always on).

My solution is to have a sticky pad which is placed on the closed cover and a flat USB cable to connect the phone. It works really well, and never falls off. Like has been mentioned, there's no need to have the phone in a visible position because the car has phone mirroring.

Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually found short right-angled cables solved the issue with my phone sitting in the wireless charging position, but it's only an iPhone 12 Pro so not one of the larger models out there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do you have a charging / AA or Carplay solution for this location?
It's an iPhone 13 Pro Max, it has a massive battery, no need to recharge.
I did use Carplay at first, but I find that firing up Spotify with a decent playlist before I set off is usually good enough.
In the ideal world there would be USB port in there as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts