Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a look through your site this evening to see if there was any common issues with the ix35 and the Sportage, which is basicaly the same motor with a different overcoat on, so to speak. As my user name suggests I have a ix35 2w 1.7 CRD Premium version and I am a moderator on the linked site below http://www.rpdforums.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=11&page=1 I have had a few issues that might be common or at least worthwhile checking out between our sites.

Power to the forums is what its all about and the more information that is shared is a good thing to get the manufacturers to sit up and take notice. Too often they [Manufacturers] try to make out that there isn't any issues or at least important and dare I say, possibly costly issues that they will try and keep quiet etc.

I trust we can share as much common issues and learn from each other, in what might be the first in forum information sharing?

Thanks and best regards

iX35 user

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Made in the same factory

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fantastic idea.....

Kiaman just highlighted a recall of the IX35 for a brake vacuum pump issue. I experienced this problem with my Sportage, but seem to be the only one so far.

Is there also a common sunroof noise issue?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Baz53 said:
Fantastic idea.....

Kiaman just highlighted a recall of the IX35 for a brake vacuum pump issue. I experienced this problem with my Sportage, but seem to be the only one so far.

Is there also a common sunroof noise issue?
I am getting the sunroof dealt with and they contacted me to say they would be doing the vacuum pump as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well i think you may all know what i think about kcs lets see if hyundai are any better we know they aremore or less thesame company,

I was on the sorento forum today and one guy, desalguy i think his name was, has had issues with kcs asking him to contact them to help resolve the problem he was having which ended up costing him over £200

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is just part of what was said.

Mr Kia, further to my quick response above.

It isirrelevant that the two year warranty is stated in the service book. The battery failed at less than two years old.

I fully complied with the instructions and advice given to me by Joblings. Now I am GBP 200+ out of pocket as a result of that advice.

Kia Customer Services requested that I contact them (last week) in order to get the matter sorted out whilst knowing, in advance, that they could not / would not reimburse the costs charged wrongly by their dealer.

Such an invitation to contact them, placed on this forum, was a cynical, disingenuous public relations ploy to give forum members the impression that Kia care about their customers.

The basic fact remains that I have effectively been robbed by the ''Kia system'' this obviously leaves a 'bad taste' and, whilst I like my Kia very much, my next choice of car will be coloured by my experience of the customer service I have had

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Could one not go to Trading Standardsand see what they come up with.

Proac, Here is me thinking that you were KCS PR man
I was so wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts