Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

After months of browsing dealerships and test driving many, many cars over the last few months, I've just put in an order for a new ProCeed GT Line S. Delivery date estimate of 3 months.

It's a great car; ticks all of the boxes we were looking for, those being:
  • Practical and big enough to put stuff in for a small but growing family,
  • Small enough to be drivable at a good rate of progress in the narrow Devon twisties
  • Comfortable, quiet and pleasant interior,
  • Relaxed to drive long distances but dynamic and powerful enough to be enjoyable in the Devon twisties. This was where other similar marques fell down (with the exception of the Alfa Giulia Veloce, which was my first choice if I'm honest, but didn't pass WAT*
  • Looks great (with one caveat below)
  • Reliable

Despite being a Porsche owner, I have no issues with badge snobbery as the positives above far outweigh any issues that the less enlightened might have with a Kia badge.

My only issues with the ProCeed are:

- the front end grille silver plastic inner surround looks a bit naff, and is the only evidence I can see that the car has been built to a price point. Is it possible to change this aftermarket? Or at least paint it black so it disappears?

- The JBL sound system radio is quite poor in the ProCeed. I don't think it's been designed for the ProCeed cabin. I tried some hi-res music through Android Auto and it was ok (not great, but ok), but the radio was lacking any bass or mid-range dynamism. I want to improve this ASAP with an aftermarket system. Is it possible to change this without invalidating the warranty?

Anyhoo- good to be a part of the community, I'll have a browse and see if my questions have been answered, and any pointers you can share are most welcome!

*Wife acceptance testing

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
790 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

It's not a massively popular model, to be fair, the Proceed, but you should get some help here.

As an inveterate anti-badge snob myself, I don't necessary discount Porsche, despite their meagre three year warranty... ;)

Reactions: DevonMike

·
Registered
2019 Kia Proceed CD GT Line 1.4 T GDI
71 Posts
Welcome Mike,

I'm fairly new to this site myself.
We can't get the GT here in Ireland, GT Line only (I've the 1.4 t-gdi, bought less than 4 weeks ago and already put on nearly 3000kms).
Can't say anything about the JBL system, the non-JBL system is rather poor sounding too.
In fact I'd say that my old 2011 Ceed SW had a better sound system (speakers at least) than the one installed in my 2019 Proceed.
2019-2021 Proceed's (CD) are even rarer in Ireland.
I've only physically seen one other (a blue one) and the owner appears to live close to me...I've never seen another one on the road at all where I live (and we have a KIA dealership in the town) or when driving about elsewhere.
And other than new Procceds from dealers (You can now only get the 1.6CRDI GT Line), there's been only about 4 other (southern reg) cars for sale on the carzone.ie/donedeal sites.
And those have been snapped up within a matter of days of being advertised.
So even rarer in Ireland..but I guess someone is buying them.
I hope you enjoy the new car when delivered.

Reactions: DevonMike
1 - 3 of 3 Posts