Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Just bought a new Cee'd VR-7, very pleased with it so far. It's the first new car I have had in
yeeaarrrs!

Looks good for the moment but I am sure I will have put my usual automotive touch to it after a month or two.

Quick question: are floor mats not generally included when you buy the Cee'd new? I have looked on the net and it seems as though these are an optional extra. I didn't notice they weren't there when I picked the car up as there were paper floor protectors in the foot wells. I was wondering if the valet guy had forgot to put them back in.... Thought I'd ask before asking the dealer and looking stupid.

Cheers, I'm sure I'll be asking a few questions over he coming months.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi, and welcome...

I've only just recently joined this forum, and hope you will find it as friendly as I have. I've just bought the "predecessor" to your car - namely the SR7. You might care to take a look at intro and thread "Newbie - SR7 information". You might find a little of the info of use to you.

Regarding Floormats, not supplied, however we have just bought a set (and the car boot mat) made specifically for the ceed from http://www.leisureshack.co.uk.

I phoned the company before ordering, and they were very helpful. Particularly asthe sitelisted two types of boot matbut didn't explain the differences. Delivery was in 48 hours.

They are cut to the exact footwell shape. The boot mat was perfect too.

You can find them both cheaper online, however I was reluctant to order from a company abroad in case they weren't right. I couldn't face the thought of repackaging and the cost to Poland, China, etc. The quality is excellent and looks as if they had come with the car.

Hope this is of use to you.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

I'm afraid to say the old days for getting free car matts has gone :( they usually are extras I think you find :( because the valerters would usually place the paper ones on top after cleaning them . There's loads of Copys out there but be warned that the quality and shapes can be pretty poor sometimes and colour matching can be hard to match too .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, it was good to get the floor mat thing cleared up before making myself look an idiot!

Thanks for the info and link David, I will check them out.

How much do genuine Kia mats cost BTW?

Today I have been enjoying the air-con
What did I do without it

·
Registered
116 Posts
My Wife's just corrected me concerning the mats (British made) - We got those from a company called Matscar and their phone is: 01623 555247. We paid only £12.58 and £6.99 p&p. We found them through ebay, Item number: 360376831373. Then wechecked out their official website.

I don't know if the VR7 and SR7 footwells are identical, plus some have 1 "peg" on the floor and some have 2, (just under the seat), which stops the mats from slipping forward. Hence the mats need to have the corresponding holes! I hope that all makes sense. But they were very helpful and delivered these next day. Quality is excellent and looks identical to the original carpetting.

The boot mat was from Liesureshack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts