Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a new Soul Echo owner, I was going to order a Soul Burner or a Searcher I liked the Tempest too, but the where all 3 months waiting list or more, I visited my local KIA dealer to be greeted with an excellent hospitable service, accompanied by these exaggerated waiting times, on leaving the dealership, he asked me if I liked the brand new unregistered 2011 Soul Echo in the show room, and said I could have it for £3 grand less! I test drove it last Thursday, I collect it Thursday 10th (this coming Thursday) Thats just 7 days, 5 days if you don't include Sat & Sun! Ibought one of these as I wanted something that was comparable as a small van, but with all the toys as this was to be my 'Soul' vehicle, as I'm a traditional Sign Writer & Airbrush Artist and wanted a groovy looking work horse!
Any way, hope to make some good friends on here, I will upload some pic's as soon as I can get some images remotely hosted, Couldn't figure out how to upload from my computer?

I intend to subtly kit my soul out - I'm not a standard kind of guy, including some nice airbrush & Gold leaf pinstriping and scroll work.

See yaaaz

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Welcome to the Soul train.... we look forward to your pics in the gallery. If you are gonna use the Soul as a part time van - might i suggest you line the boot area with some extra padding as the plastics in there scratch quite easily..... other than that enjoy it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

I am getting mine for the exact same reason - was looking at Citroen Nemo, Ford Transit Connect. Want to use it as moving advert for my business (Animation and Motion Graphics).

Was sitting in traffic jam last weekend and saw a Soul Searcher in the next lane and thought it would look great with graphics - classy - funky - eye catching - cool.

This weekend just gone, went for test drive - loved it and ordered a Tempest.

Just gotta try and be patient now .......

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Artstar is a keen one...... he got up at 4.30am to tell us all about it!!!.....obviously cant sleep with the excitement....lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome to the new Soul owners, saw another today aint they getting popular,got to go and clean the Tempest now the sun,s out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
welome new pple....make certain you post some pics..be good to see what youve done with the custom paint job on

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz Yes I do burn the midnight oil, I also host a couple of very busy on line socials, orientated around the business I'm involved in. Omg! Disaster today, I decided to cancel my order for my echo as started thinking do I really want the new searcher instead? And how come its smaller than my type R? The boot on these is 1300Ltr's! (Seats down). Anyway Ive convinced myself that being cool substitutes this!
Thanks all for your nice comments and Arrrrggg! Yes I'm an impatient 'soul' too lol

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
if you remove the polystyrene storage divider unit and the upper boot floor - you can almost double the size of the standard boot with the seats up. But push the seats flat first and move these items into the car and out thru the back passenger door.... everything fits so precisely its the easiest way.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm after one of those polystyrene dividers and covers. Anybody have one for sale?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Tempest. Yes I think I might do that and board it out as well. I'm having the roof bars installed by the dealership, Unsure why everyone says it cant be done? No issues at the dealership. Roll on tomorrow!

Im hoping to swap my white wheels for some deep silver or black ones I will post else where about this or just paint them lol

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
tell us more about the roof bars?...... are you having the Kia OEM ones fitted or aftermarket ones.... and can i be cheeky and ask how much this is costing if they are the OEM ones?..... i would love the bars myself.

The usual issue with retro fitting the roofbars is their proximity to the curtain airbags..... most dealers dont want to work near them unless they really have to.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you are considering swapping the wheels - might i suggest that you sample the ride quality with the standard 18" wheels first.... and if you think its too rough - then use the wheel swap as a way of improving it. Cos the car rides much better on 16s or 17s and you have a wider choice of tyre on the smaller wheels.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Artstar said:
I'm having the roof bars installed by the dealership, Unsure why everyone says it cant be done? No issues at the dealership.
Please tell us more as would love to get them fitted to mine

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It may ride better Tempest on 16-17" wheel ,not that I find the ride on 18" wheels uneceptable but they look better on black 18" though the white 18" I would think look more than OK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OMG!
Got my soul on Thursday. I relinquish absolutely any doubts I had about the car.

I love it! It looks great in Black, So glad I got a black onewith the White trim, the wheels especially look fantastic, and the ride a lot better than my type R! I don't think the stereo is that great though, The type R ones as good and its got no center or Sub, So the Soul ICE will be modded with better acoustics!

It seems their was some confusion on the roof bars, they thought I meant regular roof rack bars like the Thule ones, they don't look that bad to be honest as they are alloy and black branded with the KIA ovals, So I might just get them, but for now Ive bought some high res DLR lamps that I plan to install in the front indicators, a place where I think they are destined to be, I will then relocate the indicators to the existing side lights.

Any way enough waffling, Ive attached an up to date image, (It was the show room car thats why its got the show plates on it - it now possesses a very nice '11' plate) - I will upload some better ones as soon as I get a good photo location, hope I'm OK posting them here? I thought it waskind of relevant to the post, If not please accept my apologies.

Thanks for all the comments.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee376/artstar67/IMG_0011.jpg

Edited by: Artstar

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sweeeet :)

Interested to see it when you do your mods - gonna put graphics (nothing garish just logo, contact details etc) on mine when I get it (now Thursday, put back from Tuesday - grrr).

Trying to be patient - not easy though :/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts