Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - andy from embsay here - my name's andy and I'm from...erm...embsay.

Question - looking to get mrs andy a small 4x4 crossover, and was thinking about the Hyndai ix35 - but there seems to be horrendous problems with delivery - so now considering a sportage, which actually looks a better buy. However I was wondering what the latest on delivery times is. I've read lots of problems about the FE model, but I see that MK Kia are saying they have one in stock. Mrs andy's current car has to go back or be traded in by the end of April next year, so lots of time yet - but don't want to leave her carless!

So - do MK Kia (and other dealers) have new cars in stock? Or if it's a factory order how long will it take(ish)? Also (this might be a ride word) has anyone got similar info on the Mitsubishi ASX, which doesn't look as good as the Sportage but I was thinking might be more available?

Thanks!

andy

·
Registered
290 Posts
Seems to be plenty of mainstream models about although no FEs or 2ltr diesels.Went out this aft to veiw and 2 hours later had test drive and bought 1 in exact spec and colour that i wanted

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi there are you embsay nr skipton ?
There was a road test in Diesel car with the Mitsubishi ASX and new sportage FE and the sportage came out tops, but at the end of the day it`s personal choice.
Think you have plenty of time to order one if you do it now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure about the First Editions but for the new ranges it depends on what engine you are going for. As has been stated the 2.0L diesels are in short supply - I placed my order a few weeks back and have been told not to expect it much before February. It sounded like the other engines were more readily available - I think the Kia dealers get weekly supply updates so it might be worth enquiring.

·
Registered
290 Posts
it seems 1.6 petrol 1.7 diesel in 2 wheel drive and 2.0 petrol 4x4 are readily available.bought mine off the peg this week and garage had 6 or 8 more in various engines and trims available but no 2.0 diesels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting, thanks for the info John. We think we probably want the 2.0 petrol KX-3 (sat nav ideally) 4WD and they're quoting 12 weeks for delivery. Did anyone have one of these that you saw?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts