Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a new Picanto 1.
Bottom of the heap, no frills just a runabout for £6495.
The only thing it lacks, I think, is a clock which must be worth - what £2?

Anyway I have only done 200 miles so far and I have a long way to go.

It goes well, is quiet and roomy for it size. It is white and the engine is very smooth for 989cc. Hope it keeps that way.

The only downside was the dealer offerred a service package which would cost - for three years £620.
this seems way OTT for such a car- it only hold three litres of oil. I am amazed at the service costs, compared to say my other car a Ford Mondeo which is far less at a Ford dealer.

Has anyone found a reaonable dealer for servicing?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi oldhenry
never use a main dealer

luckily found a garage a few years back that i take allthe cars i have had too.

cant beat a back street garage if you ask me

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome Old Henry,

Forget the idea of the 3 services lark, after all you might decide to sell the car on before all the services are needed. As advised from kenh, get your services done at a local garage, never a main dealer. As long as the garage is registered, your warranty should be intact. 

Hope you enjoy your stay on here, all the best,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All

I have just purchased a Kia Rio 1. Bottom of the heap but a good sound car so for.

Have had it six weeks, done 1500 miles. Petrol consumption seemed alarming at first but will settle down with time.

With regards to servicing and MOT's, you don't have to use a main dealer or a cerddited KIA dealer. As long as the garage you use, uses KIA parts the warrenty is fine.

Happy Motoring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts