Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
just joined the forum thanks to Ebod !! I have just been having a read through some of the threads and considering I have not bought my Sedona yet none of the threads have put me off really !!! I did alot of research into these cars before I put down my deposit on one (pick it up on Sat) I think these cars are superb for towing a big caravan without having to go down the 4x4 route. These cars are what they are big roomy comfortable and good mpg. The main thing is like any car service it well drive it properly and it will last you. I know these cars have silly niggly faults like door handle cables snapping and bits of rust coming through early but they are minor faults !! I have seen these cars with 300k on the clock and still going strong. I am not saying my Sedona is perfect cos it aint. When I put the paint work right and the electric aerial I think I will have a nice car for the money I paid. For me these cars still hold their money and are sort after motors. Anyway thats my pennies worth over happy motoring

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've had shed loads of problems. HOWEVER, i still love driving it. We operate Chauffeur cars as a business. I still jump into the Sedona over anything else. Since i've STOPPED using the local KIA dealer, and done the brake push rod adjustment, i find myself having to constantly watch my speed. I.e. Slowing myself down. It really does fly now. At last 4 years on from new and FINALLY loving it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have done over 200 miles trouble free had the bodywork done and it looks superb and the bonus is I am averging 36 mpg unlike the old shogun giving 19mpg lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
I looked at getting a Sedona to replace my ageing Previa but as it is a clone of the SWB Chrysler Voyager it suffers the same issue i.e. unuseable boot space when carrying a full load of passengers. Also looking at the reliability index's of this particular model it ranks by far one of the worst around. As such I figured I might as well go for the Chrysler Grand Voyager, which also does not have a great reliability record, but has one hell of a boot. Best of luck with the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go join a chrysler forum them
Its funny that I see loads of Sedonas on the road and not many Chryslers !!!! Owned a Chrysler once and it put me off for life !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do belong to the Chrysler forum and to the Fiat forum and strangely enough AS I OWN A KIA PICANTO the KIA forum too

·
Registered
192 Posts
now now ladies put the handbags away, with the wifes sedona i got a roof box half price in halfrauds just now space prob solved.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a roof box for the wifes Fiat Multipla and yes they do solve the problem of space but they don't do fuel consumption any favours and stability can be an issue in gusty conditions. To be honest if KIA UK imported the LWB Sedona I would have bought one. My brother owns one in South Africa and it is yet again a 100% clone (design wise that is) of the Chrysler Grand Voyager right down to having the same sort of problems and niggles, but a LOT cheaper. Being an ex-mechanic reliability is less of an issue for me which is why I have the 3 makes that are generally at the bottom of the reliability indexs....never a dull moment. Even the Picanto which only has 2577 miles on the clock has been back for a new RAD cap and new wheel nuts and it is not even a year old yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts