Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just found this forum whilst looking for reviews on the KX3. My Freelander 2 HSE is 3 years old now, swapping to a new one was not realistic in respect of cost to change so I started looking at what else was out there that looked stylish, was fairly reasonable to run and would tow my caravan.

After looking at Kuga, Quashkai, x trail iX35 etc I took a test in the KX3 sat nav and was very impressed. The 7 year warranty seems to demonstrate a level of confidence in the product not shown by other manufacturers.
There are some shortcomings compared to the Freelander, perhaps the ride and handling is not quite as refined but that is offset by other elements of the car.
I would have liked an auto but the loss in towing capacity, extra tax and fuel consumtion wrote it out of the equation.

My dealer has sourced me a new KX3 nav in the colour and spec I want for 1 Sept delivery and the extra £1000 Kia are offering makes it really too good a deal to miss.

I will miss the freelander, I love the car and the build quality LR have elevated their standard to but 36k for upgrading to what would be almost exactly the same car is not a viable proposition.

Anyway, we shall see. Hopefully if i dont get on with the sportage I wont lose a hat full of cash along the way.

I will certainly be interested to see how it performs with the 'van hooked up

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good move - you won't be disappointed with the car. The manual is the better option for towing. Forget the KX3 SatNav (which is garbage) and start looking for a good top of the range stand alone system.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
belgrave said:
Good move - you won't be disappointed with the car. The manual is the better option for towing. Forget the KX3 SatNav (which is garbage) and start looking for a good top of the range stand alone system.
Yes, I think however that if I dont go for this car it will be the end of the year before another one comes along. The reverse camera will be useful in it and I do like the way the nav finishes the dash. Ive got used to the LR nav which is no great shakes so cant imagine the kia being any worse

·
Registered
97 Posts
The LR's sat nav isn't the best either, so I doubt u'll mind. The HSE is a gorgeous car.

I was going to buy a Freelander, but at over £34k for similar spec to the KX3 I had to go for the KX3 when I soured one for 12k less! I won't be off roading so much so couldn't justify the Freelander to the Mrs!

Paul

·
Registered
564 Posts
I love my First Edition! I changed from a 2.5 year old discovery3 and apart from missing the space when shifting stuff no complaints whatsoever. I hope you'll love yours too

·
Registered
260 Posts
Trust me you will not miss your Freelander.

Having had one its an unreliable square box compared to the Sportage and you won't look back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts