Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm Olly and I have just gone and bought myself a very sensible Kia Venga. I placed my order on xmas eve and picked her up on the 28th. I then took her for a quick run up around Scotland and on my return home today I have covered 1358 miles since I picked her up.

I do however have a question for other Venga owners, What are you getting MPG wise? I am shocked at mine as it is horrifically low. On my 250 mile commute to Stirling she averaged 29MPG then after getting 500 miles on the clock and on a few more long runs she crept to 35MPG and maxed at 44MPG. However today a nice steady run home 250 miles she has used over 3/4 of the tank and I have a very light foot. I drove at a very sedate 60-65 occasionally 70. But surely this is wrong as I am not even getting the around town figures. Has this happened to any one else?

TIA and Happy to be here,

Olly

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi

You don't say which engine / gearbox version you have? Petrol, diesel, auto or manual??

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi Ollyc and welcome.

Looking at the figures for the 1.4 petrol manual it claims:

Urban 37.7 mpg

Xtra urban 51.4mpg

Combined 45.6mpg

So you saying it is now averaging 44mpg after 1358 miles sounds good to me, considering the combined official figure is 45.6mpg? Would you not agree?? I don't know what other Venga drivers are getting, but bear in mind it is often hard to exactly achieve the claimed figures in 'real-world' conditions.

Also, a new car will take time for everything to run in and settle - you should see the fuel consumption become more consistent with time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No sorry, it returned 44 once and then has gone worse again. The long run I did yesterday from Stirling to Manchester averaged 29.9 mpg. Which is not even near urban figures. It was a full tank and in the 268 miles covered is now on red.I am a careful driver and not lead footed. As such I can't fathom the figures. My Saab turbo returns better on motorway than this has.

I wrote it badly.I didn't mean it has rose to 44mpg and become consistent. It did that on one drive.Whilst away I filled it to the brim after each journey so I had exact mileage for an exact journey type. The motorway (as not stop start, should theoretically, return highest mpg. When in fact it is returning the worst)

·
Registered
245 Posts
She's still very new so give her a chance to run in.

I would also try and monitor the average consumption over the duration of a tank of fuel (from full to empty) rather than keep resetting it for individual journeys - that will give you a more realistic combined figure.

Hope you start to find it improving

I'm still struggling to get near the claimed combined figure in my C'eed, which is two months old now. The best I've managed so far is averaging 51.1mpg from a tank full. The claimed figures are 54.3 urban, 67.3 extra urban, 62.8 combined.

To be fair I haven't been on any decent long trips yet, but it is improving slowly - I was averaging about 46mpg from a tank for the first month from new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts