Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted the Heko wind deflectors. Well impressed with the service. I ordered day 1, got a confirmation EMail with tracking number and a link to the carrier and was able to monitor its progress from the Czech Republic to the UK which took three days! Hows that for good service?
Anyway, I fitted them last night and as usual I dived in without realising there were seperate installation instructions in the box!
The front windows are a really snug fit and dont really need the 3M tape as they are tight into the window channels and you have to flex them to get them in. Once in place they cannot move.
However the rear ones' are only held in by small strips of 3M tape and Im not confident they will remain with the windows open. So today Im going to remove them and apply a small bead of clear silicone to the to edge before refitting.
They look really nice and Im pleased with the overall effect.
How they improve the wind dynamics? Time will tell. Total cost just over £26, delivered.
Thank you Heko... there's a few other companies out there that could learn a lesson from your company!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
theres been a good amount of discussion on the other forum on whats best...the "inchannel" ones or the "stick onto the outside of the door frame ones". Its sounds like the inchannel ones look far nicer, and maybe they will reduce the internal fluttering noise you get when you drive with both rear windows open. Does the electric window fit or seat easily in the slot when it has been reduced in width by the plastic guard stuck in it?.....i have never actually seen them fitted.....pity we cant see some pics on here of your efforts.....well done - sound like good value to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no impedement to the windows...they open and close perfectly. I will try and post a couple of photos as soon as.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts