Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 55 plate sorento xt with 50.000 miles with good service history.but i only get 18 to 20 mpg when towing my caravan and only around 20 to 22 on a run solo although i know many people who get around 30 to 32 on a run and 26 to 30 towing does any one no why mine is so heavy on fule or if there is anything i can do to help this. Have taken it to my local kia dealer and they said there is nothing wrong. It drives and tows very well.by the way its an auto. Hope someone out there has an answer as i dont want to get rid of it. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there, this may be of some use.

Along with my Rio I also have a 140 bhp renault traffic van, 2.5ltr.

WhenI went to get some windows fitted, the guy doing the job asked what sort of mpg I was getting - around 35 with a lot of stop starting.

He had the updated version, 150 bhp and was getting around 18/20 mph, had taken it back to Renault several times who could findnothingwrong!

He ended up buying a tuning box (see posts by Davy), and after adjusting for economy was getting 30/35.

Might be worth £100 to try out on your Sedona.

Good luck.

·
Registered
662 Posts
not susposed to say this but tuneing box on the auto makes a massive diffrence to performance and econ you end up useing less throttle to get to the desired speed so use less fuel however if you have a heavy right foot and are one of thoes drivers who just pushes the pedal to the floor and then lifts when the desired speed is reached you will use MORE fuel beware!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks viking paul, willhave to givea tuning box a try,can you recomend one and where to get it ,cheers froggie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Froggie,

I have the same model as you, also an auto, but on a 54 plate.

Did you get the tuning box as per davy's reply and if so has it made any difference?

Cheers

Mack M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi. thanks to everyones sugestions for my sorentos poor fuel economy.i have just had a tuneing box from pro-bitz fittedbut unfortunately i cant drive at the moment due to an arm injury so i cant give any feed back.will do a.s.a.p.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts