Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks got a prob with the wifes 53 plate sedona 2.9 td the heater blower will only blow freezing cold air ,tought it could be the thermostat but the car heats up to normal temp all the hoses heat up fine and head into the car through the bulkhead but still no hot air . then the smaller hose that go into the car turn cold could it still be thermo related or maybe the matrix checked around the engine incase anything loose or out of place but couldnt see anything abnormal .any suggestions would be much appreciated [murph what do you think bud ]. cheers john.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi paul fixed it prob was the matrix was full of sludge witch caused an airlock took the top hose off at the thermo and the bottom hose off the rad and flush it with a garden hose jobdone also everyone check the drain hose into the expansion bottle that was totally clogged so the engine couldnt get any water i just pulled it off at the thermo and blew through it easy peasy. cheers john.

·
Registered
702 Posts
corcaighbhoy said:
hi paul fixed it prob was the matrix was full of sludge witch caused an airlock took the top hose off at the thermo and the bottom hose off the rad and flush it with a garden hose jobdone also everyone check the drain hose into the expansion bottle that was totally clogged so the engine couldnt get any water i just pulled it off at the thermo and blew through it easy peasy. cheers john.
John I thought you boys from north of the boarder were tough ? heaters indeed lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats true bruno its the wifes car though -12 doesnt bother me but you know how the ladies are i went out to fix it with my shorts on .

·
Registered
702 Posts
corcaighbhoy said:
thats true bruno its the wifes car though -12 doesnt bother me but you know how the ladies are i went out to fix it with my shorts on .
Just tell me you didn't take pictures John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts