Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 year Kia Carens 2.0l CRDi SE with electronic climate control fitted.

Doesn't matter what settings I try, what direction I use, mode etc.or whether I use the aircon/ climate or not, I have heat from the vents (set at full 32°C) but no air although the blower (on max) is clearly working overtime in the background.

Makes keeping the car warm, defrosted and clear in the winter impossible. Help!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi jw5772
Just a thought are the flaps electronically controled on the carens,
I cant see any control cables or push rods on mine, This could be your problem,May be an actuator or fuse somewhere, Sorry cant be of much help but some one on here will point you in the right direction,
Eventually
let us know how you get on,
all the best col

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sure sounds like the cabin air filter to me as well. My Carens was doing the same, max power on the blower, but little air getting through the vents. I purchased a filter off ebay, only cost a few quid, and once you have the glove box removed its dead easy to change the filter. Make sure you have a good vac handy with its flexible hose, (while the wifes looking the other way), and vac out all the filter aperture as they get full of dead leaves and rubbish. Most surprisingly, this simple maintenance is not part of the Kia service schedule, so leave it to your dealer and it will never get done. Good luck, Gasman.
Edited by: Gasgokia

·
Registered
120 Posts
As above have all said, but note that the filter is a two part thing-you may open the box and think why are there two filtersin here?
I got mine from the local factors, a blueprint item.
you access it by removing the glovebox:it's not immediately obvioushow to remove it, but it's not hard. The 'box pivots on two clips,partopen it and pull it sharply upwards so it disengages, remove it and behind you'll see the tophalf of the filter, a vertical black plastic strip.Slide this outand then lift the bottom part upwards and remove that too.

Edited by: mr rusty

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Mr Rusty
did mine this morning, What a difference it makes my blower was ok, i thought until i got both filters out, Full of old crinkly leaves and bird feathers. Vacumed it out to as earlier thread advised. lots of hotter air now and demists quicker.
Once again thanks to all imputs
cheers col

1 - 6 of 6 Posts