Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia venga 1.6 cdri 2016. This is the third time the resistor has blown leaving me with no blower on 1,2,3, only works on 4. The Kia main dealer is supposed to contact Kia for a resolution. Still under warranty. Anyone had problems? As my mechanic says this could potentially cause a fire, awful smell of burning plastic the last two times it's gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This exact problem (vehicle fires)has hit headlines with Vauxhall Zafiras. I think Vauxhall were ordered to do a recall for the resistor pack as it was so common (relatively speaking) .
For yours to go twice suggests there is something a bit deeper going on and hopefully Kia head office in your part of the world will authorise your dealer to search deeper rather than just replacing the part again
I have a 2012 Venga and to date no issues with heater controls
Thanks a million. Service in Kia in Limerick are chasing a reply from Kia. What you said about the Zafira's going on fire is exactly what my very experienced mechanic said to me Wednesday. I'll update once I get an answer from Kia. Other than this problem I love my car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.