Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I have a Kia Venga, satnav, auto, on a 15 plate. I recently had a new windscreen fitted and before removing the old screen the fitter asked me about the heated wipers. "I didn't know I had them", I replied and on looking at the new screen sitting there, it had wires running around the bottom of the screen. Both the fitter and I looked for some kind of switch to activate the heated wipers but found nothing. I can't find any reference to them in the manual either.
The fitter confirmed that the new screen did have a connection for the heating element, which was duly connected.
Does anyone on here know anything about heated wipers on a Venga?
How do they get switched on?
Any help would be appreciated and thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would imaging that they are powered on with the rear screen demister switch as this also activates the heated mirrors.
Thank you for that, it's obvious when you think about it, I don't know why I didn't think about it ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
When using the rear screen demister switch the cars clever control unit only activates the heated mirrors and bottom section of the front windscreen I think at +3c or less .
The rear screen operates whenever but has a time out limit (not sure what that is obviously several minutes).
I recall the dealer telling me it was +3c or lower when I thought (incorrectly) that my lower front screen wiper park area was not working.
I think the dealer can plug in to the diagnostic port to check operation of the front screen and mirrors at any outside temperature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wouldn't. One issue that many people who aren't used to winter is that they keep their windshield too hot. Snow/ice melt then refreeze. Keep the temp down a bit in the cab to keep fog off the windows and keep the windows the same temp as outside and snow/ice bounce and wipe right off. Freezing rain is a whole snaptube vidmate different critter. But, essentially, just keep the windows really clean, Rain Off helps, and good blades on your wipers and you'll be ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts