Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a Hunter but really like heated seats. My local dealer has offered to fit them and seems to do this quite regularly.

Has anyone else had this done or have an opinion as to whether it is a good idea regarding warranty etc

·
Registered
536 Posts
If the dealer fits them (a Kia dealer that is) they are covered by a two year warranty if they don't come fitted as standard. Chances are they replace the whole seat if it's from new??? But by all means go for it. My proceed for has VERY cold leather seats in the mornings but only for a matter of 30odd seconds until the heated seats kick in.! Does the hunter come with leather or cloth? I find a min or two with demist on front & back windows and ful heated seats and the cars warm enough to only use the seat heaters. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
887 Posts
Check with your dealer, as this is not a kia accessory then they wouldn't be covered by any kia warranty, only whatever your dealer gives you!
I can't be without heated seats personally!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Kia did heated seats on the searcher and they do them as standard in Canada, so they should be able to offer you the option.

·
Registered
437 Posts
No option for heated seats as an accessory, like murphwizz says... It won't be covered by Kia. This would be a very expensive mod as well unless they use some sorry of after market kit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been back to the dealer and asked for more details and they are a little vague but they reckon they have fitted quite a few, both Kia parts and others (which have a better controller apparently).

I am awaiting further information from them but it seems the price is about £399 + Vat.

This would certainly be a good option for me.

I have considered the Quantum but would want to see one in the flesh and they do not seem to have arrived in the UK yet. It could be the interior is just too black for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts