Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen. But my front passenger heated/cooling seat has failed, you switch it on, and lights come on but straight away switches off. It broke about three weeks ago, and I finally got it looked at today by Kia. They said its a control unit that needs to be replaced, but there are no available parts in the UK, so it'll need to come from China by boat, so could be looking at 12 weeks. Not a massive deal as it's a pretty minor inconvenience. Just curious if anyone has had to wait for parts from China and how long it took? The staff didn't seem very sure. I just asked if they could keep me up to date on it.

And a little off-topic, before the seat broke, I noticed it would often turn it's self down, so three warm lights down to 2 warm lights. Is this standard feature if the seat gets too hot or used for too long?

Thanks
Jason

·
Super Moderator
2,401 Posts
Seems odd to ship by boat, when plane would be better, but the issue of Cronavirus is going to be big issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree coming from China may be the case that electronic parts are made there. JLR are in the news today about having issues getting parts from China. My guess they must have an ordering system where they request a part and perhaps set the urgency level as in my case the car useable without it so there probably is not any reason for them to rush the part. And Coronavirus is likely adding to delays.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It must be tricky getting the right level of spare parts in stock in the UK. There aren't many stingers plus probably not a lot of data on what goes wrong most often so I suspect it's easy for them to go out of stock. I know from when I ordered my mufflers that there aren't many in the country so just a warning, if you plan to be rear ended any time soon, try and stagger it a bit to allow the parts to arrive!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That makes sense, a new-ish car and not many on the road. I really like the car, and I think it's cool it's turned out to be a rare modal, so I don't mind a bit of inconvenience. But as you've said, if it's something important or part that would stop the car from working, that could be a bit of an issue, especially with Kia's courtesy cars always being something terrible compared to the Stinger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part arrived and I went in today to get it fitted. Maybe a bit silly but I never bothered to check it. Got home today and it's still broken. Back there tomorrow. This is like my battery issue - I feel like they just lack common sense. It's a shame as the Stinger had really sold me on Kia's, but simple issues taking 3-4 visits to get fixed is frustrating.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So they had it in today. They have now found the real issue which is 16-pin plug on the wiring loom, there is no part to replace it and they have been speaking to Kia about it. They should know more by the end of day tomorrow. Some bad news, they damaged the car while putting the broken seat back in. The silver/chrome doorhandles are marked badly. I guess it's a good that they owned up to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts