Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Bought a CRDI Proceed 2 in December 09. The drivers headrest had an anoying rattle. After 9 weeks wait and replacement the new one still does the same. Any ideas.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Sounds like the rattle could be where it fits into seat backrest and its the parts in there thats rattling.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Oh they are the posh ones. Keep going back to dealer till they sort it out thats what the 7 year warranty's for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rattle mis not the interior mirror it is definately the headrest. no question about it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not see that as homour I see it as offensive. This site is not a good advert for Kia owners.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Good Grief, calm down!

You've had a replacement headrest, and it's not fixed, hence my suggestion about the interior mirror, as that is a known rattle point, can't see 2 headrests in a row being rattlers, anyway as we can't help maybe just refer it to your dealer.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ha I feel a Cigar moment coming on.
Right back to the problem, is it only the drivers seat? can you remove the headrest and does the rattle still show? its got to be a matter of elimination and I hope KIA have not given up on solving it.

More than not it will be a small part costing a few pence.

Keep taking it back to the dealer and give them a chance to trace and cure the problem.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
To be very serious here take it back to the dealer. That is what the 7 year warranty is for and I am sure he will be happy to help you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car booked back in on Wednesday to get the headrest looked at again. Probably another 9 week wait for a replacement.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Could be the seat itself as you`ve had the rest replaced already, maybe the mounts that the headrest bars seat into. May be a new seat?????
Definately a pain for you but keep on until it`s sorted.

·
Registered
662 Posts
ceed has active headrests that are designed to move so it will feel loose but have to say never had one rattle, seat belt top mounts, interior mirrors, sunroof blinds but not headrests worth checking your position in the seat if your seat is too reclinded it causes the active headrest to move sit in the seat and push the brake pedal hard if the headrest moves forward you are causeing the headrest to move off its at rest position and to become active in this position the headrest willmove a lot and possibly rattle to stop this move your backrest into a slightly moreup right position and try again hope this helps

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right,

Car been back to Kia and it appears the headrest was not replaced. They replaced the seat back despite me telling them it was the headrest. Now getting a headrest ordered (probably another 9 week wait).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts