Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, bought a nearly new xceed in January and looking forward to taking it on its first road trip.

However, I’ve noticed the headlight beam doesn’t cast far enough in front of the car at night which makes it difficult to see what’s coming up. Ive tried the headlight dial which does tilt it slightly but still not enough.

Does anyone have any ideas if I can adjust these myself or is it a job for Kia?

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,053 Posts
I would take it to have the headlights checked and adjusted. It's not really a job for DIY as any error may dazzle oncoming traffic. Once it's sorted chalk mark the beam pattern on your garage wall or similar and then you'll have a reference for future checks.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Headlight dial should be on the highest setting with no passengers or load in the rear of the car.

It is possible to adjust them for yourself. It takes patience and care. There are adjusters for up/down and left/right on each headlight. Find somewhere flat and level with a wall or fence you can throw the beam on and tweak little by little, trying on the road to see if teh beams end up where you want them. I use the main beam to get the brightest part of the pattern just about level or slightly up and that should leave the dip in the right place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts