Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, hope your all well. I Noticed this evening that my headlights appear to have some condensation in them I thought at first it was a light mist on the outside but when tried to wipe it off saw that it was on the inside, the only other car I've had that did that was an old ford Cortina many years ago, has anyone else had this problem recently? I Just thought I'd ask you peeps on here.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The ceed(s) suffer from this apparently. I have a small patch that appeares iin my drivers side front headlight. You had the car long? Leaving the car with the lights on for a long time solves the problem but to me that's just heating the moisture untill it evaporates and doesn't solve the problem. As far as I can tell it's never lead to any malfunctions of failures so I wouldn't worry to much unless it's causing a problem with visibility. Although other than stripping the fitting and using a lint free/micro fiber cloth to wipe it dry on a warm dry day, there's not much you can do yourself.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Not had the problem with misting on the soul but my other car did this in both headlights but never cuased any problems in all the time I had it ,I gave it my son who has just got rid of it and it was still OK. I just have lost my windscreen on the Tempest after having two chips repaired since I bought the car in March 10, this timea stonehit the edge of the windscreen on the motorway and the screen cracked for about 15" across the drivers side and keeps going a bit further everyday.It will be replaced soon .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had the problem when I had my new Sportage, occured after only 86 miles, in both headlights. Both lights replaced under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts