Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my Sportage is the only car I've had in 20+ years that doesn't beep if you open the driver's door with the engine off and the headlights on. It is only a matter of time until I flatten the battery!

Given that it beeps for almost everything else, you would have thought they could include that - or is there some even more clever trick?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
My ones turn themselves off after a minute or so.
I think they call them follow me home or something like that

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Ian yep a lot of the later cars have a find the front door lights, if you live out in the sticks or your Council has switch off your street lights to save money!!!!!

Bob

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sid Rumpo said:
I think my Sportage is the only car I've had in 20+ years that doesn't beep if you open the driver's door with the engine off and the headlights on. It is only a matter of time until I flatten the battery!

Given that it beeps for almost everything else, you would have thought they could include that - or is there some even more clever trick?

sid you can't leave them on the switch off after 60 secs or when you lock the car

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
However, it isn't clever enough to turn the switch round so the lights don't come back on next morning! I never notice until I realise I can't read the dashboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts