Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to upgrade the headlight bulbson a 58 cee'd without affecting the warranty, and secondly does anyone have any recommendations to new bulbs? In deepest darkest Devon, the standard ones just aren't up to the job.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I would think you would be ok with something like Osram nightbreakers or Philips Vision or Ring Ultima. Xenon bulbs ok.
DO NOT go for a bulb with a HIGHER WATTAGE OF 60WATT or you could melt plastic parts of headlight and put a load on wiring and relays which would end your warranty on they parts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought some of the "Brilliance " bulbs from Halfords but in all honesty I cannot tell the difference, even when one of each installed (They are supposed to be up to 50% brighter). The dipped ones have now blown and I haverefitted the originals.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think I wrote on another tread that if you buy anything from halfords to look on there Internet site and look at reviews. I saw one form someone who brought the 50% brighter bulbs (halfords own brand) and ripped them to bits saying how they were no more brighter than the OEM ones and that it's the biggest waste of £28 he's ever spent.

·
Registered
536 Posts
How long you had them? Might be worth taking them back to halfords and demanding a exchange or refund if you've only had them a little while. If your anything like me though the receipt and box went straight in the bin

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going totry the philips Xtreme vision H4 which did well in the Autoexpress tests, will let you know how I get on.Halfords did not do so well, interestingly!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll keep thestandard onesand perhaps put them back inthe summer to save the bulb life!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I live i the country and drive alot on unlit, dark country roads. I tried a variety of so called 'brighter' bulbs or 'performance' bulbs in my last car and all of them made no difference whatsoever in my experience other that give a nicer look white glow or blue glow depending on the type. In terms of lighting up the road, they were all the same. The thing I did notice however was that none of them lasted very well. Also they all cost silly money compared with a standard bulb!

In the end I went back to running standard bulbs on my last car.

Have to say, I find the standard headlights in my Cee'd a million times better than my old car - they light up much further into the distance and the road ahead.

You can of course buy fancy bulbs and try and convince yourself they are somehow better, but if you want my opinion, don't waste your money!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Since the Halfords Brilliance ones failed, I have put the original ones back in and will be sticking with them. They are actually as good as any other car I have driven.
When I was trying different bulbs I bought some "blue" ones. They looked nice but were so poor I had difficulty telling whether they were on or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts