Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

One of the headlight bulbs blew, so obviously I got a replacement, got some nice Xenon White ones.

My question is - How do I go about changing them is there a guide somehwere? It looks pretty tight in there, like there may be stuff I need to remove.

There's no way that changing the headlight bulbs myself will affect the warranty will it?

Cheers

·
Registered
226 Posts
Like to know how you got on.
Think yourself lucky that you dont have a Renault Modus, where taking off the bumper is the only way of changing a headlight bulb.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Renault Megane requires the wheel and most of the inner wheel arch....average price of £200 to change both front head lights at a Renault garage....AVERAGE^^^

Either way i usually wear nitride of powder free latex gloves when handling bulbs....just to prolong there lifea little better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys,

As mentioned it is VERY tight,

Well I was under the understanding that the bulbs were H1, so couldn't use my Xenon ones (however the high beam is now very good :D), as the main beam is H7. Just got a normal replacement for that, took AGES and some fairly colourful language to get it done tbh, I'm not the nimblest of people, and my hands aren't exactly small.

I removed the Fusebox from it mounts without disconnecting it, just for a bit more access, but if there's a next time I might think about removing the headlight, but would need to look into it.

Ta

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

It's not the headlight bulbs that concern me it's the indicators.

They seem to be a lot further back than the access hatches.

Any body any experience of changing one?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I actually finally upgraded my headlight bulbs the other day, found it 10x easier to just remove the Headlight unit.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Andy

·
Registered
163 Posts
I undid the battery and slid it to one side away from the headlights to get at one side. I also removed the screenwash bottle (without disconnecting the water tube ) to get at the other side. Rubbish design, took me over an hour to change 2 bulbs after I faffed about trying to work out how to do it! My rover 216 took 2 minutes. Is that progress?!?! Edited by: oattam09

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thinking about it, there's probably more room in a 216 because there's not half as much technology.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Things like being able to replace bulbs etc. are probably a bit of an afterthought.

I tried the Battery thing first, but the Nut holding it in was rusted and falling apart.

Removing the Headlights allowed me to clean around the edges and "de-green" the back of the lense.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mr. Cee'D said:
Things like being able to replace bulbs etc. are probably a bit of an afterthought.
You are right, but they shouldn't be! Changing a bulb is a safety issue, and should be easy enough to do quicklyby the roadside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts