Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, I have a 67 plate gt line 2.0L and i want to change the headlamps from the dreary old yellow colour to the lovely white, what ones do i need to get and rough cost please TIA.

·
Banned
5,227 Posts
Look at Osram Nightbreakers. They are available in a range of brightnesses but be aware that the brighter ones are not UK road legal,.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou turnip, so you know by any chance what type of fitting they are? I would imagine there is all sorts

·
Banned
5,227 Posts
Do you not have a manual for your car?

Failing that you can:

Remove one and take a look at it;

go to Halfords and look it up in their catalogue;

consult one of the many websites selling headlamp bulbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have managed to get one out and take a pic of it, hb3 9005 hl+
I found the ones you suggested and have ordered a pair, £28, worth a punt to see if any brighter, thanks for your help

·
Registered
29 Posts
I read a number of threads on here about this very subject. Many criticized the osrams for.short life span. I plumped for philiops crystal whites which aren't too bad compared to the white drls. I have previously had osrams on other cars and have been pleased personally. Tbh anything is better than the dreary yellow light....why on earth kia went for that I'll.never know. I also struggled to see with the oem bulbs. Updated knes are far superior and tbh safer as I can see the road now!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Don't expect miracles with new bulbs, the Kia halogen headlamps are very poor.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If they are marked as not road legal you obviously run the risk of being pulled. However there are posts on here extensively arguing the yay and nays of it all. Ultimately from personal experiences the bulbs ive put in my cars over the years are no where near as bright as those hids or leds etc in new bmws fords etc etc.

As long as they aren't blue as I believe it is this that makes them legal or not. The colour temp, the higher k the brighter and more towards blue it gets the closer it gets to non road legal. 3700k I believe is about the normal halogen yellow. 5000k+00 is a blue and not legal. Mine are 4200 or 4700 and close to the colour of the drl.

You can find different types of osram bulbs with varying temps etc. I'm sure someone will be along to quote specifics but have a look at the colour temp and do a search on here. Its where I got my info from and I made an informed decision on which bulbs wanted in my car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts